Highlighted
aniven
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Soundtouch 10's cutting out

Hi, I appreciate that there are several threads on this topic and in fact I had one of my own over two years ago. 

I have an ST200 plus a pair of ST10's all in one group.

My provider is Virgin using a dual band Superhub, and the 200 and one ST10 are in line of sight of the router with the other ST10 just out of sight in the kitchen.

When playing the internet radio all three work fine, syncronised and without interruption. However, when playing Spotify, the 200 is fine but both 10'S cut in and out, usually worse at the start of a new track and then sporadically during the track.

This has been occuring since they were purchased despite advice from Bose in the past, I am now trying again to see if there has been any developments.

I also set up a 30 day account with Amazon music as a test, and yes, the ST10's cut in and out. As I say, radio is fine.

Any suggestions please?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Soundtouch 10's cutting out

Hi Aniven, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your systems and I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend resetting the problem speakers by unplugging from power, waiting for 30 seconds and plugging back in. 

Can you also confirm what your main speaker is as we do not have any ST200 speakers in our line?

How are you streaming Spotify and Amazon? Bluetooth or the through the SoundTouch Application?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

aniven
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Hi, Apologies it's an ST30 as the main group unit with two ST10's

I will try your suggestions in the next few days and report back

Regards

aniven
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Hiya

Unplugged speakers for a few minutres and problem still exists. Uninstalled BOSE Soundtouch App and re-installed stil the same problem.

I use the app to start the spotify music stream and sometimes I open the spotify account once underway.

Hi Aniven, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue still persists. 

Can you please also attempt a reset on your internet router by disconnecting it from power for a few minutes? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

aniven
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Hi Hector B

Reset the router a couple of days ago and monitoring the situation. So far it does appear better and will advise again in a few days.

Andy

Hi Aniven, 

thank you for keeping us in the loop! 

That's great news! Please do continue to keep us updated!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

robmo62
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

I have a set of ST10 that are cutting out. I have unplugged them. I have reset the router. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I have run the update. I have read all the forum suggestions and cannot get them to work properly.

They still continue to cut out.

Hi robmo62, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing these issues and appreciate the troubleshooting that you have attempted so far. 

Can you please confirm how you are connecting to the SoundTouch 10's? As well as what audio source you are streaming to them? 

I would also like to check the strength of the Wi-Fi signal that the speakers are receiving by going onto the Bose SoundTouch app > Selecting the Menu Icon in the top left > Settings > About > RSSI Signal Strength and letting us know what you see under this header? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other users are having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

robmo62
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Hector,

I am using the soundtouch app to connect to the speakers.

In the app like you said there is no ... Selecting the Menu Icon in the top left > Settings > About > RSSI Signal Strength. It only drills down to the "about" but NO RSSI displayed on that page.