NanjLo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Soundtouch 10 speakers randomly pauses and turn off

My speakers keep pausing and turn off. I did all of the updates as I pretty much gave up last year. Once I got the Echo and try to play through it they wouldn't work with any device correctly. so I decided perhaps they may have fixed all the bugs by now and I did update all and finally (after lots of tries) got it to find speakers and pair OK. I was delighted to hear the speakers work and then it started again....not as bad as before, but randomly pausing and then speakers turn off.  I wish I had bought Sonos as friends dont seem to have issues with those.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soundtouch 10 speakers randomly pauses and turn off

Hello NanjLo,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 10. 

To give me a better understanding of the issue, can you kindly confirm the following:

- You mentioned the speakers pause and turn off. Does this occur at exactly the same time? Or do they pause, and then turn off eventually? 

- Do you have two SoundTouch 10 speakers and are they joined in a stereo pair? If you unpair them, does the issue persist? 

- Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote to ensure the systems are not receiving phantom commands from a potentially faulty button?

- Have you tried factory resetting the speakers? (You can do this by pressing and holding preset 1 and vol- together for around 10 seconds.)

I'll look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

lostsessions
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 10 speakers randomly pauses and turn off

Jeff, I'm having this problem, very annoying.