Wrb120
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

Soundtouch 120 app not working

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Soundtouch 120

Country

US

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
IOS 14.3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

After connecting my speakers to my network I am able to Name my speakers but after I hit setup speakers I get an error message that says it cannot connect please try latter. It then resets the app to the beginning. I have gotten the same thing when using my phone, and laptop and I tried on wifi and ethernet and usb. I have done a factory reset and reinstalled the app. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 120 app not working

Hello Wrb120, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help you get your SoundTouch 120 connected to the app. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great! Just to confirm, are these the steps you followed to factory reset the system? If so, I would like for us to try and create a new SoundTouch account and see if you can add the account to this for me please?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Wrb120
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

Yes those are the steps I used by going to system 16 factory reset and pressing 5.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that Wrc120!

Usually, when the setup fails after naming the speaker, it's because the SoundTouch adapter is in need of an update. When the firmware version of the speaker is too far behind, it can sometimes lead to trouble connecting to the app correctly.

You can manually update the SoundTouch adapter on your system by following the steps shown HERE. I tend to find the method with the USB cable to be the easiest, so I would recommend trying that first to get the system up to date.

Once you have completed the update, you will then be able to add the speaker to your account correctly by following the same steps to setup as you have been so far.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!