Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Soundtouch 130 No TV sound

Returned from 7 weeks overseas and now can't get sound from the TV. I can get sound from my iPhone using Bluetooth, but as soon as I hit the TV source button there is no sound. While we were away, the power would have been turned off for various periods by an electrician doing work at our house. I can hear the TV through the TV speakers but only when I switch the source button from TV to Bluetooth. I've tried everything to try to fix this but nothing works. I have paired the Acoustimass again, reset to factory settings but still nothing.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 130 No TV sound

@Aitch52 wrote:

Returned from 7 weeks overseas and now can't get sound from the TV. I can get sound from my iPhone using Bluetooth, but as soon as I hit the TV source button there is no sound. While we were away, the power would have been turned off for various periods by an electrician doing work at our house. I can hear the TV through the TV speakers but only when I switch the source button from TV to Bluetooth. I've tried everything to try to fix this but nothing works. I have paired the Acoustimass again, reset to factory settings but still nothing.

HDMI: Try unplugging the speaker from the TV, restart the TV. Then reconnect the speaker.

Optical: Check the TV audio settings, you make to select optical settings.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks rickatk. I've tried what you suggested but still no sound.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Have a look at the TV settings, specifically audio output. Check to see that the TV didn’t switch back to TV speakers. I think you want external speakers or something to that effect.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks but I had already tried TV settings and still no good. 

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Aitch52, 

Can you please let us know how you are connected to the system currently? Via Optical or the HDMI port? 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks Hector.

Connected by HDMI port. I have checked all connections several times and I'm sure they are all correct.

Apart from the electricity possibly being switched off while we were away, my daughter tells me that my 6 year old grandson was playing with the remote and was pressing button after button. Not sure if that could have caused the issue.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you tried following the wires to ensure the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI ARC on the TV? if it's connected to a non-ARC source you will hear nothing from the TV. 

You can also try factory resetting the system by following these instructions: 

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system and returns it to original factory settings.

1. Press SYSTEM on the remote
  2. Use the down arrow to scroll to "16 FACTORY RESET"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to factory reset the system
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

I would also recommend checking to ensure the TV source is displayed on the console. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!