Soundtouch 130 via Spotify

Silent Starter

Soundtouch 130 via Spotify

I know this is probably an old topic, and I've found several threads on similar topics, but they are all older than when I had it working, so it's hard to tell what the current truth is.

I have a SoundTouch 130 system with the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter connected. In the past, I have been able to select it as a speaker in Spotify (and possibly other sources, not sure though, as Spotify is what I use 99.9% of the time streaming). It has had what looks like a special icon in the list, which I thought was some special type installed with the SoundTouch app.

However, since a while back that doesn't work. I don't recall how long, but it could be between half a year and a year. Every thing is updated: SoundTouch, iPhone, Spotify. I can find the speaker with the SoundTouch app over the wifi network. And multicast DNS (Bonjour etc) is working in the network. I'm also able to use BlueTooth to play music. But wifi playback does not work. And it used to.

So, did Spotify change (break) something? Did Apple change (break) something? Or has Bose changed (broken) something?

Can anyone confirm if something has indeed changed that could break this? Or is this something that actually still should work?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 130 via Spotify

Hi Mellander, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. 

In regards to your issue, I may need a little be more information before I'm able to accurately advise you. Can you confirm whether you get audio when playing music from the SoundTouch Application? Can you confirm what color the Wifi light is on the front is? 

I would recommend resetting the Wireless link adapter. You can do this by unplugging from power giving it 30 seconds and plugging it back in. 

I believe that you are referring to Spotify connect. If you are unable to see the speaker on the app, It may suggest your not connected to the Wifi. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support