Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Soundtouch 20 Fails at Rename

Hi

A speaker update failed and I am no longer able to connect to my Soundtouch app. 

I have reset the speaker and applied a firmware update using a download via USB cable.

The speaker appears on Spotify Connect and works using Spotify and 

I have tried to reconnect via WiFi as well as selecting 'Already Connected to network' option. Both result in  failure at the Speaker Rename point. 

The main issue for me is that I can no longer use the presets which I used for Tune-In stations.

Any ideas?

Thanks David 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 Fails at Rename

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveed

I am so glad! Please could you mark my answer as the 'Accepted Solution' to help others? 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hey David,

Are you faced with an error message when the set up fails at the re-name stage?

Have you tried removing the speaker from the SoundTouch app? If not, go to the Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > Remove Speaker.

If not, I may have to advise trying a factory reset on the speaker, as shown HERE. Afterwards, attempt setup and let me know how things go.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried both of these actions and it has not resolved the problem. It's confusing as, although I get an error msg when naming the speaker, the speaker appears with the new name is Spotify Connect. The speaker works fine with Spotify but I can't control it from the app, so no multi room playback and I'm not able to use the presets. 

Other suggestions gratefully received

Thanks David 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for us! I know it may sound a little strange, but could you please try creating a new SoundTouch account and let me know if you are able to connect the speaker this way?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

It did sound strange, but it worked! Thank you, David 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Daveed

I am so glad! Please could you mark my answer as the 'Accepted Solution' to help others? 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else. 

View solution in original post