Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Soundtouch 20 Speaker can't connect to music library

Two problems perhaps unrelated.  Some time ago I changed my ISP and e-mail address.  When I went to change my e-mail for BOSE I discovered that there was no easy way to do this like everybody else, but that I would have to reinstall my speaker and software.  Good lord!  So I let it go for several months.  Then a few weeks ago, I could not access my Music Library again!  This seems to happen every time there is a software update, but I have always managed to get it back online by restarting my computer and speaker.  This time that didn't work, so I uninstalled/reinstalled  the software (so I could change my e-mail as well) and I reset the speaker back to factory settings.  Still didn't work and oddly enough the Soundtouch softwear still refers to my computer (ACER) with my old e-mail address tagged on.  It still refers to my old speaker name even though I changed it on the reinstall.  Is someting stuck in a cache somewhere?  I rebooted the Wi-Fi, checked my firewall settings etc..  I didn't get into the guts of my router since noting has changed.  Why the heck should I be having to do all of this.  What is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 Speaker can't connect to music library

Hello MrClean, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry that you have had this experience. We would love to look into this with you.

Can you inform us on the current software version of your SoundTouch 20?

When accessing your music library, is this through the computer SoundTouch app? If so, where is your Music Library stored on your computer?

Can you also let us know the process you took to factory reset your speaker so we can ensure this was performed correctly 😊

Do let us know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Hi and thanks for responding.  Although I have had many problems with losing connection to my speaker in the past, usually due to a Soundtouch update, the latest issues seem to have been caused by Windows 10 updates.  I discovered this quite by accident while trying to hook up the audio on a new monitor.  I noticed the streaming option in Windows Media Player was disconnected.  When another Windows came out last night, the same thing happened.  This is really a problem tat everytime an update comes out soemthing or other gets messed up.  In any case, problem solved, but in browsing the forum I didn't notice this problems wit Windows 10 updates.  Perhaps I didn't look in the right place.  I only noticed references to firewalls, which I checked.  With respect to your particular questions, my Sondtouch softare version is 24.0.7.  I access my music library through my desktop.  It is located in C:\Users\Harry\Music which is the default.  I also have other music locations C:\Users\Harry\OneDrive\Music and C:\Users\Public\Music.  I have to admit, I am not familiar with how libraries work.  I renamed my music folder as Harry's Music in WMP, which BOSE finds.  It seems to find all the music on my computer even old music that my kids left behind in their user accounts.  To reset the speaker I held down Vol- and 1 on the speaker until it started to countdown to 10 I think.

Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to us, @MrClean!

I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running with your music library!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!