Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Soundtouch 20 Stuck on updating at 20% - It´s not initializing anymore

My Soundtouch 20 (2013) is not initializing after it tried to update. It was working fine before.

It stuck up at 20%. I waited for more than 1 hour but it frooze, then I power it off and didnt work anymore.

I´ve already tried the restore factory (hold 1 and Volume -) but nothing happens...

I tried the manual updating with usb cable, nothing happens

Tried the update with an usb thumb drive but nothing happened,

(i used the correct file SOUNDTOUCH 20 SYSTEM SERIES I & II). 

the hand with a no-entry sign appears and nothing works.

when it starts, the only thing that appears is the startup bar, however, it doesn't move, it gets stuck.

No button responds.

I need to know how to solve this problem, it was caused by the update. It is not a hardware problem

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 Stuck on updating at 20% - It´s not initializing anymore

Hey @eduardoaugustooliveira,

That sounds very strange! Sorry to hear you're encountering this.

Since you've already tried the recommend troubleshooting and noticed no improvement, it would be in your best interest to contact customer service for further assistance. They'll be more than happy than happy to explain the options in place and will be able to help resolve your issue.

To go about contacting the team for your region, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any questions about doing this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 20 Stuck on updating at 20% - It´s not initializing anymore

I tried everything i could. Spent hours trying all the procedures i found here in this forum. All in vain.

Today i left my soundtouch at the customer service in my country.

Let´s see if they have a solution