Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Soundtouch 20 cannot detect my home network

After an upgrade to my ADSL line, Soundtouch 20 is unable to detect my WiFi network.

All other home devices and smartphones did not have any issues.

I didn't change router. Model is Speedport Entry 2i.

i have read similar posts in this forum and i have tried the following, with no luck:

• factory default reset
  • aux reset
  • software update via Ethernet
  • clean install of Soundtouch Application to both laptop and android smartphone
  • manually add my home network

it gets successfully connected using ethernet cable,

but i want to use the Wifi mode because the router is located in inconvenient place.

• Wireless network is WPA2 Personal and 2.4 GHz (separate from the 5GHz channel)
  • mode is Mixed (802.11 b/g/n)
  • SSID HIDE off
  • channel 12
  • bandwidth 40Mhz
  • no MAC FILTERING
  • SSID Isolation off (between clients inside this SSID)

i can't think of anything else to try.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 cannot detect my home network

Hey @SpirosMillas,

I can imagine that's quite frustrating - but I'm sure we'll be able to get this working again.

Do you remember what settings you would've had in place for your previous router? One thing I may suggest looking to change is the bandwidth option from '40Mhz' to '20/40Mhz' or the alternate option to 40Mhx (if there is one). Let me know once you do this and if that helps, or if you're not able to actually change this setting.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

i tried that but no luck.

i also changed the firewall setting from high to middle level protection but with no luck again.

i am running out of ideas...

Highlighted

Thank you for letting us know that SpirosMillas!

When you have been trying to connect the speaker to your network so far, have you been using the SoundTouch app? If so there is an alternate method to get your speaker online as well that I would recommend trying next.

1. On the top of your product, press and hold the 2 and Volume - buttons for about five seconds until the the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
     - Hold for setup will appear and a countdown from 5 begins, when you hold the buttons. 
  2. On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi network
  3. Open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1 or http://192.168.1.1 to view the setup screen. (which one will work will depend on the model of SoundTouch 20 you have)
  4. Select your network and enter the network password, then select Submit.
  5. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears
  6. Open the SoundTouch app and follow the instructions to connect your product to your Bose account. 
     -  When prompted, select SYSTEM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NETWORK

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.