andywoodlands
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2016

Soundtouch 20 coaxial audio input

I have tried connecting my Avtex television to the soundtouch 20 speaker with a single cable from the coaxial output from the tv to the 3.5 headphone input on the 20 to output audio. Doesn't work. 

Do I need to include a digital to analogue converter in between.

If so, are there any sound improvements to be gained from using the 3.5 headphone output on the tv to the 3.5 Jack input on the soundtouch 20 which does work.

Regards

Andy.W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 coaxial audio input

Author Accepted Answer selected by andywoodlands

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your post, I would recommend using an AUX cable (3.5mm to 3.5mm) into your headphone jack on the TV into the SoundTouch 20. Make sure you have the Aux setting selected for your audio. You will not need to purchase a Digital to analog converter for this. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or queries, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 coaxial audio input

Author Accepted Answer selected by andywoodlands

Hi Andy, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your post, I would recommend using an AUX cable (3.5mm to 3.5mm) into your headphone jack on the TV into the SoundTouch 20. Make sure you have the Aux setting selected for your audio. You will not need to purchase a Digital to analog converter for this. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or queries, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support