Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Soundtouch 20 cutting out with bluetooth

The speaker is connected via Bluetooth to my firestick. Some days there's no issue but other days the sound cuts out every few seconds and often leads to the audio being out of sync. There are no updates to be done according to the app. Anyone know how to fix this, it's infuriating! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 cutting out with bluetooth

Hey @Pjs27188,

Sorry to hear you're facing cut-out problems with your audio playback. From what you've explained, it seems you have the SoundTouch 20 connected to your TV via Bluetooth - which may be why you're experiencing the issue. 

We usually do not recommend using Bluetooth pairing for TV audio as there is a possibility of audio delay or cut-outs. Do you notice these same cut-outs when connected to a mobile device or computer when streaming music?

What I'd advise is to possibly eliminate the signal interference by keeping the speaker as close to the TV/Firestick as possible and re-situation products around the speaker that could cause signal conflict. One last step to eliminate the cutouts would be to connect through AUX cable to your TV - is this possible?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 20 cutting out with bluetooth

Thank you or your response.

I shall have to find an AUX cable long enough to reach and try it. Currently the speaker is directly beneath the TV, it couldn't really be closer.

If I do not respond further, consider the problem resolved.

Thanks