Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Soundtouch 20 wifi problem

My SoundTouch 20 works perfectly fine with my Virgin router however when I relocate it to a room where the wifi connection is thorugh a mesh system (Google nest) my SoundTouch app can't see the speaker. During the re-pairing I have trouble with connecting to the wifi and the app says 'Mobile device can't find speaker or network' (the signal is solid white on the device). I have tried resetting the device and it didn't help with the issue. The name of the mesh wifi is exactly the same as the main router's one and I don't seem to have any problem with any other devices. I am not an IT person and the issue is really frustrating. I would much appreciate any help! Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 20 wifi problem

Hi Smoge, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Mesh networks aren't recommended with our speakers as the app may not see the speaker. You can see our full list of recommended settings for our SoundTouch and Smart Home speaker range here

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 20 wifi problem

Solved this problem with the use of a Netgear N300 Wifi Extender (has the convenience of having an ethernet port). Originally I was able to connect my ST20 to my Google Nest by turning off my two remote points off, but when turning them back on, the ST20 wouldn’t connect and disappear from the connected device list.

So removed my ST20 from the ST app and factory reset my ST20. Configured my Netgear N300 to work with my GNest and connected my ST20 to the N300 ethernet port. Opened the ST app and re-added my ST20 using the ethernet configuration instead of Wifi.  In a matter of seconds my ST20 showed up, completed the process and haven’t had any connectivity issues since then. When I open my ST app the ST20 will be right there ready to play.