Rolando_stc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Soundtouch 30 activated remotely

Hello,

Since I bought the Soundtouch 30, I'm able to activated remotely, meaning that I can play music even if I'm connected to another WIFI. Everyone who has been connected to my speaker is able to activated from another places. I think this is a windows setting but I'm not able to find it. I'm using winodws 10.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 30 activated remotely

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi there @Rolando_stc ,

Spotify Connect uses a slightly different means of connecting to a device than just the standard Bluetooth, so a simple clear of the Bluetooth list would not prevent this.

I would suggest restoring the factory defaults to this speaker, and then connecting to this as normal from there.

The factory reset for your SoundTouch 30 can be performed by pressing and holding "1" and "-Vol" simultaneously for 10 seconds. This will give you a countdown from 10 on the display, stating "Hold for factory defaults". This will then reset for around 30-60 seconds. When finished, please connect this back up and use this as normal.

Please get back to me to confirm this has resolved this for you!

Liam W

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Rolando_stc, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Is this connecting using the Soundtouch app or via Spotify Connect? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Rolando_stc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Hello Hector,

Is through Spotify, when I go to Connect to a device the speaker is always available, like I mentioned, even if I'm connected on another WIFI.

Hi Rolando_stc, 

Thanks for posting and confirming this for me. This will be due to the features of Spotify Connect and not a Windows Feature. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Rolando_stc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Hello Hector,

Is there any way to avoid this? Apparently anyone who had connected to the speaker is able to activated withouth my consent. Also why is the speaker always avalaible? I have used another devices with the Spotify Connect (chromecast, roku, playstation 4) and the only one always avalaible is the speaker.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi there @Rolando_stc ,

Spotify Connect uses a slightly different means of connecting to a device than just the standard Bluetooth, so a simple clear of the Bluetooth list would not prevent this.

I would suggest restoring the factory defaults to this speaker, and then connecting to this as normal from there.

The factory reset for your SoundTouch 30 can be performed by pressing and holding "1" and "-Vol" simultaneously for 10 seconds. This will give you a countdown from 10 on the display, stating "Hold for factory defaults". This will then reset for around 30-60 seconds. When finished, please connect this back up and use this as normal.

Please get back to me to confirm this has resolved this for you!

Liam W

View solution in original post