Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Soundtouch 30 cannot connect to my existing soundtouch group

I have a soundtouch group of speakers and just purchased a soundtouch 30 and it will not connect to the existing system .  I get a message saying "SOMETHING HAPPENED"  AND THEN  It doesn't connect I mean seriously this is the message I get can it be more vague? I have reinstalled the app...  And I have reset to factory settings this has been going on for 10 days now this is the best you guys can do add both seriously I mean this app is riddled with problems  to begin with .

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 30 cannot connect to my existing soundtouch group

Deangabriel11@gmail.com wrote:

I have a soundtouch group of speakers and just purchased a soundtouch 30 and it will not connect to the existing system .  I get a message saying "SOMETHING HAPPENED"  AND THEN  It doesn't connect I mean seriously this is the message I get can it be more vague? I have reinstalled the app...  And I have reset to factory settings this has been going on for 10 days now this is the best you guys can do add both seriously I mean this app is riddled with problems  to begin with .

Try taking down the speaker, log out of your SoundTouch account, log back in then add the speaker back. Make sure you are connecting the same network as your other SoundTouch speakers. 

There is nothing wrong with the SoundTouch application, it works fine. There are just a few wrinkles you probably have to work out with your setup. I find the most overlooked issue is logging out of the account and logging back in when a problem arises.