Soundtouch 30 disable auto shut off??? i cannot find it

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 30 disable auto shut off??? i cannot find it

I just purchased the soundtouch 30 yesterday, i love the sound of this machine very much! but last night when i connected my phone to the system so i can use it as a very very loud alarm clock speaker, the unit disconnected from both bluetooth and the aux port. I do not see any options to turn this auto sleep function off. if there is no way to disable the auto sleep then im afraid i will have to take this unit back and find another device that will allow me to stay connected. does anyone know how or if there is a what to disable this fuction?

3 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundtouch 30 disable auto shut off??? i cannot find it

Hello Bose, can you help me out or what? From what I’ve read on here, you guys don’t really care about this disable feature even though a lot of your customers request it so.

I also read one of the Bose reps replied that the software has been upgraded so the unit is not supposed to go to sleep when connected to Bluetooth, but this unit keeps going to sleep when connected. I guess if you guys don’t bother to reply by tomorrow, I will take the soundtouch 30 back to best buy and try out something else.

Hi s10_30bass,

Thanks for the question.  

Is the system connected to Wi-Fi and is the software updated?

If you have the most current software and Bluetooth is connected, the system should stay on.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Yes brandon, the first thing I did after opening the soundtouch is connect to my home network through Wifi, the unit updated after my connection was made