AlexSaville
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Soundtouch 30 radio stations keep cutting out and showing "select a preset or select music etc" msg.

Hi,

I have a Soundtouch 30 which must be 2 years old. Everything has been absolutely fine and I love it until recently when it has been constantly stopping and no restarting radio channels.

What happens is it will play for from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and then suddenly just stop playing the radio station and the original set up message of "select a preset or explore music in the SoundTouch app" is displayed. If I press another reset the loading screen comes up then the same thing happens on all presets - just wont work. If I turn it off with the on/off button that doesn't solve it, but if I unplug it and plug it back in - it will then work - although may just turn off again.

Sometimes it works fine, but very very rarely.

I have tried unplugging and leaving for a minute then replugging in. I have deleted the app and re-installed as well as deleting speaker, then linking it up again and changing its name.

Also interestingly it wont let me reset the speaker. When I hold down preset 1 and the volume down button it counts down but then just stays at 1! For however long I wait it wont go any further and wont do a factory reset!

Can someone help? I really like this speaker and its driving me CRAZY!

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Soundtouch 30 radio stations keep cutting out and showing "select a preset or select music et...

Hello AlexSaville, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 30 system, the troubleshooting you have tried so far is great! 

I would love to try and update your system with you and see if this helps this issue. You can do this by following the steps here

I would love to hear if this helps, if not please let me know as there are some other great steps we can try. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 30 radio stations keep cutting out and showing "select a preset or select music

Try:

1. run updates

2. reboot your router

3. logout of your SoundTouch account and log back in.

AlexSaville
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 30 radio stations keep cutting out and showing "select a preset or select music

Hi Vicky,

Sorry its taken a few days to get back to you - its the first time I've had a chance to look into it.

Done all that and its made no difference at all.

Also un-installed and re-installed the software along with signing in and out obviously.

So basically gone right back to scratch and no change.

Interestingly enough it only does it on the radio - ie what I am having to do is open the radio app on my phone and then connecting via Bluetooth to speaker which is a bit rubbish and far from ideal.

Whats next?

Thanks

Hello AlexSaville, 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding your SoundTouch 30. I am sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

Have you been able to also test the suggested troubleshooting that rickatk has suggested above? Thanks for getting involved! 

If so and these show no sign of improvements, i'd recommend a factory reset of your product. You can do this via the following instruction. 

Please note this reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the SoundTouch app to reconfigure your product.

• Power on your product
  • On the top of your product, press and hold 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds: Hold to restore factory settings appears on the display with a countdown from 10
  • Wait while the system resets. Once complete, the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M

AlexSaville
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi Tegan,

None at all im afraid. As in the original comment - for some reason it will never reset - its just counts down to 1 then stays on that - never does the resetting stage - however long I hold it down for.

Whats next? 😞

Hello AlexSaville, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry to hear that your still having issues. 

There is no more troubleshooting we can complete at this time. However, the great news is that we can look to repairing your system at your local service center. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

AlexSaville
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I have managed to do a reset - that works if you do it as soon as you turn it off and before it loses signal!

However that doesn't work 😞 So done all the resets etc.

Is going to a service centre the only thing I can do - because I'm assuming that will cost me money!

Thanks,

Alex.

Hey AlexSaville, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am sorry but this would be the best route to take here as troubleshooting is not working for you. The great news is most of our customer service centers have the option to look into the details of your speaker and Wifi network to see if something could be going wrong so may be able to resolve it without needing a repair. 

In any case, all of our speakers come with a limited warranty so check with your service center to see what options you have available to you, as I think you will be happy with the options we can offer. 

I do hope that you get this resolved so that you can get back to enjoying your speaker. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W