Hi! I have the Bose SoundTouch 30 series III wireless music system. I want to carry it with me when I travel from Los Angeles to Delhi. The airline I am traveling with is asking me a couple of questions about the battery inside the music system to determine whether I can keep the system in my check in luggage or not. Can someone please help me with the questions below?
1. How many batteries are inside the system? And what are their types?
2. What is the power rating of those batteries?
Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to the Community.
The SoundTouch 30 III is a mains powered system. It does not feature an internal lithium battery. There should be no issues with transportation.
All the best,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I just wanted to confirm if you are sure about it as I see a few things which are bothering me:
1. The official Bose box in which the speakers came says that "Shipment of this product by air transport may be subject to regulation under the US hazardous materials regulations or the IATA dangerous goods regulations. Consult with those regulations prior to offering for transportation by air".
2. The product information section at amazon says: "1 CR2 batteries required." https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundTouch-wireless-speaker-works/dp/B011IKGT46?th=1
3. The box in which amazon delivered the package to me says that "L ithium ion batteries in compliance with Section II of PI 966" and a UN3481 label. This link http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/dam/downloads/g0/express/shipping/lithium_batteries/lithium_ion_batte... says that this label is used when each battery is < 100 Wh and each cell is < 20 Wh.
All these things suggest to that there might be l ithium batteries inside it?
Please let me know. Thanks!
Thanks for reaching out today.
I have just taken a very close look at the parts list and can confirm that there are no batteries within the speaker itself. The batteries are in the remote that comes with the speaker.
I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any further questions.