Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Soundtouch 30 will not connect to home wifi

I have had a soundtouch 30 for roughly 2 years, initially it was a pain to set up out of the box but once I eventually got connected it was and has been fine.
The issue I have now is that I have moved house and been supplied with new router, when I have tried to connect via the app It fails.
I notice from previous threads that advise is to open the app and click on the 3 lined tab(menu), this is non existent on my app, also when it is searching for the speaker it briefly flashes on the connect to network screen but this disappears.
I'm at the end of my tether with this and am seriously thinking of reaching with a sonos!
Come on Bose, get a grip and sort out what should be a basic task.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 30 will not connect to home wifi

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O
Hi, just an update for all. I had to call bose direct as none of the solutions work here.
I've eventually had to connect to my speaker via my work I phone. Seems that soundtouch app and samsung s10 don't work together very well.
Thanks for the comments and help though, oh not been able to log In to this site for 3 days now!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hi Jasonrob, 

thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues reconnecting your speaker. I'd love to help! 

As you have moved house, network providers and routers, you will need to reconnect your SoundTouch 30 to your new network. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• Press the 2 and Volume - buttons together for 10 seconds until you get an orange light. This is is setup mode and should say setup on the screen.
  • Go to the application, if you have a banner at bottom of the screen with the name of your speaker click on this. on the picture, you should have a settings cog. click this and scroll down to connect speaker and follow the onscreen instructions.
  • If you do not see the banner, go to the top left and click on the three lines. Scroll down to settings, Add or reconnect speaker and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi jessie,
Thanks for your reply, however when I open the app it doesn't give me any of the options you suggest. It automatically opens on a set up screen. When I try and connect my speaker via the 2 and volume down buttons it just searches with no success. As I've said it briefly flashes on connect to a network screen but immediately closes that and continues searching.
Highlighted

Hi Jasonrob, 

Sorry to hear this. Can you please provide some screenshots of what your app depicts when you attempt the suggested troubleshooting. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi Jeff,
Not sure how I can add screen shots on here?
I'm using a phone for reporting, I don't actually use a PC for anything except work.
Highlighted

Hi Jason, 

When sending a reply, there should be an option for adding images, if you are using a phone, you can still access your phone's image gallery to upload pictures.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hi Jeff,
Unfortunately no option to add an image or pic
Highlighted

Hi Jasonrob, 

When replying there should be an icon in the top of the message bar that is called photos, this will allow you to upload images?

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Jasonrob,

Hello, Can you try this:  

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-alt-setup-st10-20iii-30iii....

This might help you get connected. Please let us know if it works or even if it doesn’t. 

Sincerely,

heatman5

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O
Hi, just an update for all. I had to call bose direct as none of the solutions work here.
I've eventually had to connect to my speaker via my work I phone. Seems that soundtouch app and samsung s10 don't work together very well.
Thanks for the comments and help though, oh not been able to log In to this site for 3 days now!

View solution in original post