Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emms
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Soundtouch 300 Adaptiq error

Hi we've got the soundtouch 300 soundbar with the surround speakers. 

We decided to add a subwoofer and got the bass module 700.

We've ve got it all connected and working however it doesn't sound that great, we've turned the bass to max and still not great.

Tired to re run the Adaptiq but I keep getting error 2!

I can confirm the room is quiet with no noise at all, I've tried different locations in the room and I've tried with the subwoofer switched on and off, the Adaptiq just keeps giving error 2, can these go faulty? Am I able to get a replacement?

Only thing we haven't tried is a full factory reset as a bit worried if we did that and the Adaptiq is still not working then would we loose the  sound?

Can anyone help please, thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundtouch 300 Adaptiq error

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

@Emms We really appreciate you going through all of these steps. I'm glad you were able to add the bass module and surround speakers! It certainly seems as though you'll need a replacement ADAPTiQ headset. Please reach out to local support to obtain one. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Hey @Emms, welcome to the Bose Community!

Very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the audio quality once the bass module has been added. When you first set up your soundbar, did you manage to complete the ADAPTiQ calibration then? I just want to check if it has ever worked.

I understand your concerns, however, I would definitely recommend performing a factory reset on your system. To do this, follow the steps here.

If the issue still then persists, we can look into replacing the ADAPTiQ headset for sure.

Let me know how this goes.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Emms
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

Yes I've used the Adaptiq setup twice before, once when we first got the soundbar and again when we added the surround sound speakers 

If I do a full reset and the Adaptiq headset still doesn't work, then would that mean I won't be able to set up my system?  As we don't want to be left with nothing, just want to make sure we will still have sound etc before I reset it all 

If that doesn't work then can I get a  replacement Adaptiq headset?

Thanks 

Jessie_O

I can appreciate you wanted to make sure. 

The AdatpiQ part of the setup is not essential to obtaining sound from the soundbar. 

If you are still experiencing issues, you will need to reach out to your local technical support team who will be able to advise regarding replacements. 

Emms
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2021

Hi, I have now factory reset the whole system and I've added the bass module and surround speakers all ok.

I've tried the Adaptiq again and still getting the room is too noisy and error code 2

I have tried in multiple places, rebooted system and powered down, I've made sure the headset is completely still with no movement and the house is empty with no one else around, with no sounds at all.

Any more suggestions please? Or can we arrange replacement Adaptiq?

Thank you 

Charlotte_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

@Emms We really appreciate you going through all of these steps. I'm glad you were able to add the bass module and surround speakers! It certainly seems as though you'll need a replacement ADAPTiQ headset. Please reach out to local support to obtain one. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.