Highlighted
mayur_patel161
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Soundtouch 300 Bluetooth connectivity interrupts music while playing. Skips some of the of music.

While playing music via any Bluetooth device it constantly looses some of the parts of music. It doesn't the loose connection between the two devices.  Like while playing youtube when the internet is down music stops during buffer time thats how it stops and again plays. This issue I'm seeing for a month, earlier I was not facing this kind of problem.

System: Soundtouch 300 soundbar

10 REPLIES 10
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 Bluetooth connectivity interrupts music while playing. Skips some of the of music

That sounds like a slow internet problem.

mayur_patel161
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Bluetooth connectivity interrupts music while playing. Skips some of the of music

I have checked it already. There is no slow network connection. I played clips from laptop too. It happens with every Bluetooth devices. I tried after removing all paired devices then reconnecting it again. 

Hello mayur_patel161,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some audio drops when connected to your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

I would initially recommend that you clear the pairing list on the soundbar. To do this, on the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until the soundbar's Bluetooth indicator blinks white twice and a tone is heard. Then, please delete the Soundbar from the Bluetooth device list of any device you have previously connected. Now reconnect and test. 

Additionally, could you please test any other sources for the same? Such as audio through your TV, or through the SoundTouch application.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

mayur_patel161
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Yes, I did the same as you said but couldn't find solution yet. I think there might be possibilities that the Bluetooth adaptor isnt working properly. What do you think? And yes soundbar works perfectly on HDMI devices. there is the only problem in Bluetooth connection.

Hello mayur_patel161, 

Before determining a fault with the Bluetooth on the Soundbar, I would recommend checking for any available updates for the soundbar. You can do this by visiting HERE.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

mayur_patel161
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

As you instructed I did, but still no result. The same thing is happening. 

Hello mayur_patel161,

Thank you for performing this step. I'm sorry that the issue still occurs.

Do you have your Soundbar located near your router or other sources of interference such as a microwave?

Also, do you have your Soundbar connected to a 2.4GHz network band or 5.0GHz? The system's 2.4 GHz antenna is used for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. If the system is in an area with lower Wi-Fi signal strength, Bluetooth reliability can be reduced since the system is using it's 2.4 GHz antenna to (1) continuously ping the router to stay connected and (2) to communicate with the Bluetooth device.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

mayur_patel161
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

My wifi and soundbar are in the same room. The wifi I'm using is 2.4GHz. My room size is 20 ft X 9 ft. The Bluetooth device I'm using is also in the same room near to the soundbar. 

Hi mayur_patel161, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please see what the signal strength for the SoundTouch system is? This can be done via opening the Bose SoundTouch app > Settings > About > Select the Soundbar > "RSSI Signal Strength" 

Can you please also let us know what Bluetooth adapter you are using with the Soundbar and what you are connecting it too? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B