Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have been using my Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar successfully with my LG 55 TV (LG55UH605V) with HDMI ARC connection for past two years. Now it suddenly stopped producing any sound with HDMI ARC connected to TV. I have reset the TV, sound bar multiple times, I ensured all required settings on TV  such as HDMI CEC etc are turned on.

I followed the below steps to make sure HDMI ARC should work again.

(1) Power down and unpluged the TV and soundbar.

(2) Removed all HDMI cables.

(3) Waited 10 minutes.

(4) Powered up both devices.

(5) Connected the HDMI cables including the one for the ARC port.

(6) I ensured all required settings on TV  such as HDMI CEC etc are turned on. 

However no luck as of now.  Could you please help us with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC suddenly stopped working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi,

Actually, after reset the TV, I had updated Amazon prime app on TV. Then automatically Bose started working with HDMI ARC.  No idea how it got fixed. Now again Soundtouch 300 is on and working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi s.gourisankar, 

I am sorry that your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar is suddenly no longer working. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting, these were great initial steps to perform. Sorry that these did not provide the results that we would hope, lets look into this further. 😊

Can you firstly confirm for me what the LED status is on your soundbar? What color is it? Is this static or flashing?

So I also have a full understanding, can you also confirm if you have any attached bass modules and surround speakers?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi,

Actually, after reset the TV, I had updated Amazon prime app on TV. Then automatically Bose started working with HDMI ARC.  No idea how it got fixed. Now again Soundtouch 300 is on and working fine.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello S.gourisankar, 

I am so glad that this worked for you. 

I am going to mark your response as the 'Accepted solution'. This will allow others to fix the issue using the helpful steps you have mentioned. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.