s.gourisankar
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have been using my Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar successfully with my LG 55 TV (LG55UH605V) with HDMI ARC connection for past two years. Now it suddenly stopped producing any sound with HDMI ARC connected to TV. I have reset the TV, sound bar multiple times, I ensured all required settings on TV  such as HDMI CEC etc are turned on.

I followed the below steps to make sure HDMI ARC should work again.

(1) Power down and unpluged the TV and soundbar.

(2) Removed all HDMI cables.

(3) Waited 10 minutes.

(4) Powered up both devices.

(5) Connected the HDMI cables including the one for the ARC port.

(6) I ensured all required settings on TV  such as HDMI CEC etc are turned on. 

However no luck as of now.  Could you please help us with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
s.gourisankar
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC suddenly stopped working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi,

Actually, after reset the TV, I had updated Amazon prime app on TV. Then automatically Bose started working with HDMI ARC.  No idea how it got fixed. Now again Soundtouch 300 is on and working fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tegan_M

Hi s.gourisankar, 

I am sorry that your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar is suddenly no longer working. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting, these were great initial steps to perform. Sorry that these did not provide the results that we would hope, lets look into this further. 😊

Can you firstly confirm for me what the LED status is on your soundbar? What color is it? Is this static or flashing?

So I also have a full understanding, can you also confirm if you have any attached bass modules and surround speakers?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
s.gourisankar
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi,

Actually, after reset the TV, I had updated Amazon prime app on TV. Then automatically Bose started working with HDMI ARC.  No idea how it got fixed. Now again Soundtouch 300 is on and working fine.

View solution in original post

Vicky_W

Hello S.gourisankar, 

I am so glad that this worked for you. 

I am going to mark your response as the 'Accepted solution'. This will allow others to fix the issue using the helpful steps you have mentioned. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
loak
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Soundtouch 300

I've had the Soundtouch 300 since 2017 working perfectly fine, yesterday the power went out twice now i cannot get audio through HDMI Arc at all. I've tried factory reset, unplugging Everything, new hdmi cables, reset my router, my network, my cable modem, uninstalling and reinstalling the Soundtouch app. At no point can i get audio from HDMI any longer... Optical works fine, but that creates a bigger pain of toting around multiple remotes to control one setup. i've run out of ideas of testing.. ALL hdmi ports are working properly as well, i've testing them with other speakers, multiple game consoles, the only thing that seems to be affected by the power outage was the ability of the soundtouch 300 to output audio/video through hdmi arc. It will output a video image, when i plug a device, or cable box through hdmi in and run hdmi to tv, but still no audio.. how is it able to carry an image and no audio when it was all working fine just this morning? it can pick up the radio as well from the soundtouch app but there's no options to help me for what im missing.

Zephyr Droog
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Product sound touch 300

samsung tv un43mu6300

tv is connecte with hdmi arc to soundtouch 300

soundtouch 300 is connected To kamai500 setop box

after playing music via wifi by usng the soundtouch app on my iphone there is no sound on my tv when a channel is selected on my setop box.

Neither sound via the tv nor on my soundtouch 300, which normally gives the sound of my tv

it seems that the soundtouch blocks something, but it is unclear what.

please can you help me out?

xiwanm
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Soundtouch 300 Soundbar - HDMI ARC issue

Greetings,

I have acquired a Soundtouch 300 soundbar more than 18 months ago.

I had even forgotten the existence this bar, mainly because it is an aesthetic object which blends with my living room decoration, and optionally because the infamous HDMI ARC issue made it unusable for me.

When I bought it, I figured out the mystic steps to make it work by myself. Everytime I had to turn off my TV, the mystic steps had to be followed religiously to activate the feature. I used this routine during a few weeks, but 2 months later, I simply gave up and started using the TV Speaker output.

Yesterday, reality stroke back and I decided to give it another try. As more than 18 months had passed, I expected a firmware fix to be available.

I have updated everything as it should :

Soundtouch 300 Soundbar

Software Version : 26.0.1

SoundTouch App :

Interface Version : 26.0.0
Protocol Version : 66
App Version : 26.0.5

My VIZIO M80-C3 is also updated to its latest version.

VIZIO has the common sense to call the setting simply "CEC", and it is rather straightforward to configure.

First try, no luck.

Second try, using what I recall from my mystic steps, no luck either.

Before getting further, I have searched the forum, found a lot of threads on this particular issue, had fun reading one of them, a 58 pages long thread.

Third try, I tried the Mambo Jumbo 15 steps proposed in the thread as a solution, no luck.

I have found the official BOSE troubleshooting video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNYI7VaJFZs&feature=emb_logo, still no luck.

The soundbar never gets detected as a CEC device.

If I knew this would happen, I would have asked for a refund immediately after buying it.

Bose, you have very high quality products.

But you can t let this unsolved issue keep plaguing your products.

If this is a physical/component issue, please recognize it and replace the affected products with a newer unaffected model.

If this is a software issue, which I guess it is, please provide a firmware fix.

xiwanm

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=VNYI7VaJFZsAre you curious about the HDMI ARC feature built into your So...
xiwanm
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 300 Soundbar - HDMI ARC issue

Ping !

Any reply from Bose support ?

MSabinoE
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

I had the same issue except on a Sony Bravia.  The Bose Soundbar 300 just stopped working on all inputs:  cable tv, antenna, apps such as Disney+, Netflix, HBO Max, DVD player, just stopped working.

I reset all hardware.  Nothing.

I read this solution and launched Amazon Prime app and started an episode of Mr Robot; boom, everything automatically switched to the Sony’s “Audio System” (Soundbar 300).  All inputs, apps, and sound sources were working.

Now wondering what tie-in’s to Amazon’s Alexa service the Soundbar is getting hooked into.

walkerut
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

I got this soundbar for Christmas, and already this has happened twice over the course of a little over a month where the soundbar suddenly stops working over HDMI-ARC with my Samsung TV and the volume goes back to the tv speakers.

There really needs to be a better solution than unplugging multiple wires, waiting 10 minutes, and then re plugging wires, particularly when the TV is on a wall mount and the wiring is incredibly difficult to access.

When the soundbar is working, it is a great addition, but it should not suddenly stop connecting via HDMI-ARC, as mine has now done a couple of times.