Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

This is exactly the same issue I have. ' Something went wrong..' The only option into restart the installation.

Please Bose make a statement that this is a known-error and that it is under investigation. It is no fair to le ST users down!

Otherwise I can claim it on open platforms and f.e. webshops. Just to create an opinion.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

When are Bose going to respond to our issues? 
it is a week since I posted my issues and I have had not response!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

I am currently experiencing constant restarts with my SoundTouch 30 speaker. Coincidentally, I was experiencing a very similar issue with my Lifestyle system UNTIL I disconnected the SoundTouch wireless adapter from my Lifestyle system. If it helps, I have two SoundTouch 20 speakers that are not having any issues. I leverage the SoundTouch app on my iPad and iPhone and have had success for a few years. If there are logs I can share, I am happy to do that. My guess is that this is software related. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Exactly!  How do you create a new account?!  They added my complaint to this stream and said the resolution is "in here", but I cannot figure out what to do! 

Excuse me, but what is the solution?!

I am beyond FRUSTRATED! I am tempted to pick up each one of my devices and throw it against the wall! I cannot figure this out and this thread is useless to me! Please help! Be clear in and explicit in your response to resolve the issue! Bose this is a HUGE fail! Resolve it now!

Have you received a response from Bose? What resolution steps have you taken? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2015

No sadly there is nobody home. They ignore the issue. This whole ST program is end-of-life. The support and moderators are not willing to support. No moral sustainable entrepreneurship.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

I never received any reply from Bose. I indeed found the solution in this forum. 

Creating a new account is not intuitive.  You need to log out of your account first via the App.

Open the menu in your App, select Settings, Select Account and press Sign Out.

Next you would think you first need to create a new account.  But that is not the case, just add one of your speakers first, with the Add or Reconnect Speaker option and specify it's a "Speaker already connected to network".  "Speaker already connected to network" is a link below the WI-FI button and the Ethernet button in the App. Click that, and select one of your speakers.  Only after you selected one of your speakers, you can create the new account.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Thank you!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Jdmoons - Thanks so much for the advice. Your direction was very clear.  This not only fixed my SoundTouch 30 issue, it also fixed my Lifestyle home theatre issue. I did have to create a new email address in order to create a new account. But, small price to pay. Thanks!

Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

So I found this thread a bit late and sent my ST20 Series III off for repair from the UK to Belgium for £80.

Reported as continuously rebooting on the report page. No suggestion it was a known issue.

Came back yesterday with a note that it had been repaired. No Details of what was changed. Plugged in attempted to re-add it and the same thing happens. Reboots when trying to rename the device and then cant be found. I have an ST520, ST10 and a Series I ST20. All these are fine, just the ST20 Series III having the problem. Set up a new account and all devices added to it successfully. So as has been said this MUST be a back end issue at Bose.

I will be pursuing a refund for my supposed repair.

So As an official Bose repair site has had my ST20 with the fault I wonder what they found????

As some people have struggled you MUST set up a new email address to get a new account. This can be a free gmail email, just anything different to what you had. Then everything works when you re add your kit.

Disappointed Bose customer.............. again

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

My problem exactly.  BOSE seems to have dropped the ST300 from any future developments - you have to buy the 500 or 700 to get support!