Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

Only a week.  I have had this problem for a year!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

JDMoons.  Did 90% of what you recommended.  Same problem - Will never buy Bose Again!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Hi

I face still the same issue on all my Bose devices after the update. my account is linked to the only email I have, so creating a new one is not my preference. but I assume that creating a new account is a work around and not a true solution? why can't we get a fix? and how do we get this update to the speakers when the soundlink app does not see the speakers anymore. (contrary to Spotify app who perfectly finds all speakers and streams music) Why can't Bose ask Spotify how they do it?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Total disdain from Bose.  No response, no help, just be quiet and hope we will go away!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Sonos here I come. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

so, it's like official? All of us still hanging on to Soundtouch are just out of luck? This is ridiculous. I do vote with my dollar and will be wiser next time around. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Okay, so I’ve been ‘living’ with this problem since it first appeared on my system on 14 March.

since then I have now had 4 occurrences (14 March, 29 March, 10 April and niece 2 May) where the rebooting cycle has impacted one or more of my 5 ST units. Up until yesterday, the problem corrected itself after 6 - 12 hours. Yesterday one of my units started the reboot cycle, and 22 hours on , it’s still going through the cycle.

I know there is a workaround, posted here which involves setting up a new ST account, using a different email account, but before I think about going down that route, for those of you who have made the switch, has your system been completely stable since, without any reappearance of the rebooting cycle?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

I have done the new account workaround a couple of months ago and for me all is stable since then.

By the way, creating a new account is not intuitive.  You need to log out of your account first via the App, by opening the menu in your App, select Settings, Select Account and press Sign Out.

Next you would think you first need to create a new account.  But that is not the case, just add one of your speakers first, with the Add or Reconnect Speaker option and specify it's a "Speaker already connected to network".  "Speaker already connected to network" is a link below the WI-FI button and the Ethernet button in the App. Click that, and select one of your speakers.  Only after you selected one of your speakers, you can create the new account.

This has completely fixed the problem for me.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Thanks @jdmoons.

I have had a couple of email exchanges with Bose Tech Support, and will try to follow up by phone on Monday.

If I don't get anywhere, I will follow your fix.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

@archiegham 

Yeah, I can confirm this completely fixed the issue for me.  Its been stable ever since and hasn't happened again.  It took me about 20-30 minutes to reset and add back 6 systems.  Annoying but way better than the alternative.