Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

I have tried the work around with the new account.   Generally, it has worked, BUT I cannot say the system is completely stable.  Periodically, they system will loose a speaker.  This past weekend, I starting experiencing issues again.  I had to reboot the ST30. The ST30 locked up and the app could not find the speaker.  I had to unplug the device and it went through a longer boot up then normal.  Additionally, throughout the weekend, one of the connected ST10 (which I have not had issues with previously) kept loosing connectivity.   Still very disappointed and frustrated with Bose and their lack of resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Thanks to those who have provided an update of the effectiveness of the work-around. 
Of the two ST10s impacted on Saturday, one came back after about 6 hours, and the second took about 36 hours, but is now working normally. I have yet to undertake the work-around, but I will try to speak to someone at the UK Tech Support team today - and try to get an understanding of what is behind this problem, and in particular how it can effect one or two units out of my 5 units when they are all operating under the same account...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

My ST300 is now over 3 years old so I can gift it to a more needy family.  I am buying a new home theatre system and it will be Sonos.  A new Sonos system will be released mid-June.  Friends with Sonos have no issues.  They do not know what a bad post-sales support looks like because the product is good quality from the start.  Bose sound is good - their software connectivity is **bleep**! 

Sonos here I come.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I'm with you brother. It seems a shame to dump all the Bose products I have, but apparently Bose corporate has decided that they are better suited to be paperweights. Never again. Hello Sonos.

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I replaced my Bose Soundtouch speakers with Sonos in March.    Here's my experience:

Pro's

1. VERY easy to set up.

2. Very good sound but not quite as good as the Bose speakers

3.   They work - they connect when they are suppose to, and they rarely drop.

4. Much more reliable on Bluetooth and Airplay II.  Once they connect they don't drop.

5.   I like the app (mostly)

Con's

1.  I miss the remote control and the 6 presets

2.  The sound levels when playing playlists can be all over the place - too soft, and then too loud.  I'd really like to have the remote to smooth it out.   The app connects quickly (much quicker than the Bose App), but not quickly enough when there is a phone call, etc.

3.  My biggest issue is the limitation in the app on custom playlists (something we don't even have in Bose).  

Overall, I'm very happy with Sonos and will never buy another Bose product again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2016

Same issues here, for months a reboot now and than, and bad response on the app and hardware buttons. Last week it was unholdable, devices were rebooting constantly. I tried different things on my local LAN, resetting and rejoining devices, etc. But the only thing that really solved the problem: Make use of a new account in the app, following your procedure. Now my Bose devices react instantly on the app and hardware buttons (volume, presets, on/off) without reboots.

Via support, this info is also sent to Bose developpers... maybe they find the real couse now.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

Yes mine has been completely fixed since using the new account workaround.