Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

Hi @Moderators

I did mention this in one of the previous posts. Suddenly all my three speakers - Soundtouch 300 & 2xSoundtouch 10 are rebooting randomly.  All was working like a charm for almost a year and infact airplay 2 was working without any issues.  No network changes have happened. Also, whenever I am opening the app, I am getting 4004/0 error on all the devices. I have soundtouch app installed on Galaxy Note 9, Apple Iphone 8 & 11 pro max, windows 10 laptop and mcbook. I tried to reset all my speakers and have only succeeded to add one Soundtouch 10 back to the app. Soundtouch 300 is also on the app but cannot be found. The third Soundtouch 10 speaker cannot be added to the app. The process is stuck while renaming the speaker. Interesting enough, airplay 2 still recognizes all the speakers. For Soundtouch 300 after a while, wireless indicator and soundtouch indicator glow amber alternatively (not together) but if TV is connected, the speaker keeps working. The speaker does not shut off. I have also tried restarting my router but it has not solved the issue. The speakers were power cycled also by unplugging them for more than 30 minutes. Any guesses whats' going on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wayne_M

Hey everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far within this thread. We’re actively monitoring the issues that have been raised. At this point it would help if we could collect system logs from your SoundTouch speakers and the SoundTouch application to investigate and escalate for anyone still experiencing the issue. If you are willing to share this with us, please post in the thread and we will reach out to you privately.

Also, thank you to @deepanker100 who has posted their current work around as we’ve heard from many that it has helped. Essentially, if you reset your speakers, delete you’re your current account and create a new one, you should be able to add the speakers back.

We know that this is not an idea solution for customers experiencing these difficulties and we are working on a solution.

Thank you for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
Highlighted

Hey deepanker100, 

Thank you for posting and sharing this detailed post with us. We appreciate the steps you have attempted so far and would love to look into this further for you.

Can you please let me know if you have deleted and re-installed the Bose SoundTouch app on these devices at all, as well as ensuring you are running the latest app version? 

I would also recommend that we look into your router settings, can you please ensure that you have the following: 

• UPnP: Enable
  • Multicast: Enable
  • IGMP: Enable
  • Wireless Isolation: Disable
  • IGMP Proxy: Disable
  • IGMP Snooping: Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode: Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS: Disable
  • WAN IP Blocking: Disable

If you are unsure how to do this, please reach out to us via this link here and we would be more than happy to walk you through this.

I look forward to hearing back from you and any others experiencing this issue. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

THIS IS EXACTLY MY ISSUE

I have 7 ST10s and a ST20

BOSE have pushed an App update or a firmware update and they are all now dead.  Im several £1000 down at the mo and no working speakers

THIS IS NOT A ROUTER ISSUE 

This also happens to my ST20 when plugged into an Ethernet cable 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Yup - I’ve got the same issue, which seems to have emerged about 6 hours ago - bizarrely on only 2 out of the 5 SoundTouch units I have set up.

The others seem to be fine, but the two affected units are rebooting (without anything being played through them) every 60 seconds.

ive nit changed or updated anything in the last 10 days, and thus has just popped up today.

Ideas?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Its a BOSE back end issue.  Shows a fatal flaw in the ecosystem

When your speakers work - they work.  I have 2 ST10s OK.  BUT, as we all know, STs are prone to falling off the wifi.  When I open the app - I get the 404 - that means - something at the BOSE end is not connecting - as such - a speaker cannot be reconnected to WIFI or renamed - as there is no final connection outside the app and speaker.

I presume BOSE have some failed server, outdated certificate etc - but there is NOTHING we can do until BOSE fix the back end.  People won't realise there is an issue until their speaker does its regular fall over and they need to reconnect it

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I am having the same issue. This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Hey Hector,

I have router settings as recommended. For me the connectivity had never been an issue for the last 3-4 years since I started owning these speakers.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Tried adding the speakers back but could not add them as they cannot be renamed. I think many in the forum have started complaining about this issue. It may be worthwhile to have your engineering a go at this.

Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Soundtouch loop

I have 1 ST30, 1 ST10 and 6 ST Wireless units that all of a sudden started rebooting every few minutes. Looking at it through the app shows various devices going on/off line constantly. I forced a firmware update on the 30, and everything seems to work until the very end, when it needs to set the device name, at which point it says that it cannot connect. Tried going through the entire procedure with 2 different other access points just in case, always the same result. I called Bose Support today and was told that the hardware had failed and they needed to be returned for service... I seriously doubt that they all failed at the same time. I have been on this issue for the last 12 hours, and am running out of ideas. My gut feeling is that there was a recent firmware update and that it's the cause of the trouble. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Me too, hadn’t downloaded the latest app until yesterday. Error 404 on the app , constantly telling me to update speakers. Lost my 300 , sub and surrounds. And my st 10. Couldn’t even log on here either last night. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

My whole ST system is rebooting.  

How do i fix this!

ST10

ST20

ST SB 300

Wave

ST Portable.