Nov 13, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

This is an engineering problem and needs attention

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Okay - I had this yesterday (I posted a comment) on two of my ST units out if the five I have installed, but all seem to be working okay now.

Strange, as I didn’t do anything to correct the issue - it just seems to have fixed itself!

Sorry I can’t provide a ‘fix’ to you all affected.....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

I can confirm that I have the same issue - 1 ST30, 1 ST10 and 6 ST Wireless Adapters are all looping. I forced a firmware update on the ST30 to try and get it back up -  when trying to then add the speaker to the app, it gets to the "renaming speaker" and then fails with a "Cannot reach speaker". Tried this on multiple tablets and phones, and 2 computers. Also tried setting up two completely different wifi networks (with different brand hardware) to rule out the network, same result. The whole environment has been running fine for more than 2 years, no network or hardware changes at all. I calles Bose Support and was told that it was hardware failure, and that the units all had to be returned... I seriously doubt that 9 units failed at the same time. I am thinking bad firmware, and would like to revert back by one version to validate the theory, but am unable to find a .stu file older than the current one. Can anyone help with the .stu? Thanks

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

To assist you with quick troubleshooting, i am attaching a video of what is happening along with screenshots of Soundtouch app.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hhPf8arowfSoIVjjxfIzE6pkW17yhAtn?usp=sharing

I have powered cycle the speakers upteen times along with router but the problem remains. Only TV as source is working on soundtouch 300. Spotify connect and airplay 2 both are failing.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Having issue similar to this.  Sent an ST10 and an ST20 off to repair for the Airplay 2 issue.  Tried adding them back to my account on Thursday and everything went nuts with these and my remaining speakers (3xST20 + 1xST30).  Speakers slow to respond, ignoring top panel button presses, and by Friday I noticed they started rebooting on their own.  I thought this was related to the speakers that were repaired but now I am starting to think just coincidental since so many other people having this issue.  Please investigate Bose!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Have sorted it hopefully. Deleted and reinstalled the app, didn’t really make any difference but deleted the speakers and reconnected them. Still got to add my st10 but the sound bar 300 is sorted a

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

We need an update to this ASAP

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

The screenshots all posted by Depanker are EXACTLY what I am seeing 

My whole system is OFFLINE at the moment

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Hi @bose 

Speakers are literally brick now, will appreciate your prompt response. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Alright folks, since Bose did not respond as they still might be looking into the issue, what I did was to reset all the speakers and created a new bose Account. After doing that, I have been able to add back all the speakers. So, it is confirmed that it is neither a network issue nor a hardware issue but the issue with one of the servers where I guess few accounts were impacted for whatever reasons best known to Bose. You may try it but it is a time consuming especially for Soundtouch 300 with Bass module & surround speakers. In this system, there are so many moving parts that for me it never succeeds at the first attempt either resetting them or adding them back. It took multiple tries before all speakers could be connected back to each other.