Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 300 continuously rebooting

Thus issue has now emerged on my ST10 (one of 5 ST units I have installed).

The remaining 4 ST units are working normally.

i had this issue a few weeks ago on two other units (both ST20s), but, as I reported at the time, they ‘self corrected’ (ie the problem disappeared) after 24 hours or so.

I will wait and see what happens this time with the ST10 over the next 24 hours.

In the meantime - a question for Bose:

Have you folks worked out what is causing thus, and is there a patch anticipated on the next software update?

cheers

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Well.....after constantly rebooting for about 4 or 5 hours, as was the case before with the two ST20s, the errant ST10 sorted itself out, and is now operating normally - clever little thing!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 30 and 20 Will not stay turned on. Problems Updating

Ditto. Same symptoms for about a week now. 😞

I have two Soundtouch 20's and 3 Soundtouch 10's. They've played for months perfectly... then WHAM! Constant failures... I too share your dismay with how often this system fails when the system updates. 😞

Guidance from Bose would be lovely. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 30 and 20 Will not stay turned on. Problems Updating

So I have 2 soundtouch 20's, 1 soundtouch 30, and three Cinemates systems and i have exactly the same problem for about 2 weeks. 

THe system has worked pretty seamlessly for 4/5 years until the last update. Now I cannot connect to ANYTHING any more, the soudntouches constantly reboot, the AUX inputs dont work, they contantly freeze. I have tried reconnecting them to the network and that might work for a few minutes and then the sound stops andthe systems reboot.

What on earth have you done BOSE! This is shocking.

Not one system works on soundtouch anymore and I have changed nothing except that you have made everything update !!

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS , we are in the midst of a lockdown in the UK and NOTHING works.

Just roll back to your previous versions and tell me how I can download the update into the system as nothing now conencts to the network in my house.

Graham Kershaw

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2015

Hi Its seems to be that Bose does not taken action at al to solve this issue. It obvious that it is an issue on the Bose back-end. Get a serious idea that this is the beginning of a complete fade-out action.

Why is there no concern statement to all those ST-users wo are affected?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Because BOSE don't care

They view ST as end of life product, its broken at the back end and they cannot be bothered to even investigate 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I'm done with Bose.  This latest issue is the deal-breaker.   I've got 13 Soundtouch speakers - 3 20's, 2 old 10's, and 8 new 10's.    I've replaced 6 of the 10's with the new Sonos SL - they connected easily, the app works, the speakers don't drop and connect immediately.   So far, after 2 weeks I have not had a single issue.   The quality of the sound is not to Bose standards, but they work, which is more than I can say about Bose.   I will never buy another speaker from Bose.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2015

I’m even told, in a private mail, to ease my tone of voice. Nog tontell Whatsapp is going  on. Thuis controlled circus of Stasi practicus leaves is users with nothing. At least not one single clue nor statement. As a respect to Dr. Bose.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Guys, please this is driving me nuts...

For now I had the rebooting issue with only one ST30 III. I have 4 ST30 III, 1 ST 300 and 1 ST wireless adapter.

I already reset it and trying to add again, but same issue reported.

I want to create a new account, but I must use the same email. How can I achieve that? Also I noticed this happens all the time I try to name the speaker. It only stops to reset when I cancel the setup.

As mentioned before, this looks like a backend issue. Bose, any news on this?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Just one more thing I noticed...

The speaker with the issue, once I exit the SoundTouch configuration when it tries to name it, it doesn’t restart anymore and it is not available on the SoundTouch app.

however, I can find the speaker on Spotify connect and play on it through my phone. I also confirm I can see the speaker through AirPlay 2 on my iPhone and it works as well.

every time I open the SoundTouch app, also, I see a message telling “speaker removed”. Again I don’t see the speaker in SoundTouch app, but I can use it through Spotify connect and airplay 2 with the name I tried to use when setting it up, but failed telling it couldn’t find the speaker since it rebooted on that step.

rhis is crazy. Please for sure this is an issue on your servers!