Soundtouch 300 Soundbar

Country

United Kingdom

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

multiple IOS devices

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The speaker will randomly drop connection/just stop playing audio when either using Bluetooth or wifi to stream. 

Sometimes a song may play for only 10 seconds, other times it may be 15 minutes or longer, before it stops playing audio entirely. The soundtouch app, or Spotify app, will continue playing the song and show it as being streamed to the speaker. The white light under the musical logo, or Bluetooth logo, will flash during this time, until it’s reset. 

The only way to start it again, is either turning on and off, or switching from one streaming method to another and then back again, ie from wifi to Bluetooth, then back to wifi. 

the signal on the app varies between good and fair, although the speaker is only 3 metres from the wifi router. 

no other wifi speakers on this network suffer this issue. 

It’s ruining the experience of listening to music as it cuts off so many times in any given session, and frequent resets is really irritating. 

any help is most appreciated! Cheers, N. 

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 300 drops connection

Hey Soundaddict, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help you get this audio dropping resolved on your SoundTouch 300. To start, can I please ask, does this happen with all audio sources or a specific one? Also, has this always happened or is this a new issue? If new, have there been any changes in the room or on the network? 

We can start with the steps here to try and troubleshoot the issue whilst we confirm the above. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Soundaddict
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2021

Hi Vicky, thanks for your reply.

So it has done it for a couple of years now, during that time there have been several new new wifi routers, but the problem persists. 

Regarding the source, it only does it when using wifi, or Bluetooth via an iPhone. Oddly it’s done this over multiple iOS versions. All the phones are up to date with their software.

The audio is constant with no issues when using the hdmi. 

I have used a windows laptop over Bluetooth and it is a much more stable connection, in fact i can’t replicate the issue. I can also use Spotify connect via the laptop, which is connecting over wifi, and the issue doesn’t occur then either. So seems to be a problem via the iPhone? 

Thank you for the link, I am unable to access it though sorry, can I access it any other way please? 

Thanks for your help so far, very much appreciated. 

Vicky_W

@Soundaddict, thanks for confirming that for me. It is strange that the issue seems to be linked to IOS. I have updated the link for you, it should work now. Let me know how you get on with the steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!