Highlighted
nick1919
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Soundtouch 300 no lights no sound

I have a no sound no lights issue with my Soundtouch 300. It is disappointing to be charged a fee of 149$ for what seems to be a common problem. Many users have reported this issue based on the archives. It could be possible one of the firmware updates could have caused the issue. I hope Bose can waive this fee for a prevalent issue. 

Following are my observations:-

- Suddenly the power indicator light disappeared even the power cable plugged in

- The ethernet lights at the back are flickering when power cable is connected 

- Able to remove and add the speaker from the soundtouch app as the device still gets detected

- No sound, No lights - Tried to play a radio station

- Followed different power off and on methods but no luck

- Tried to factory reset with remote but no light indicators to complete the factory reset.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundtouch 300 no lights no sound

Hey Nick1919, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your Soundbar, I would love to assist you further. 

Can you please try a different power outlet for the system as it may not be getting the full power to the system causing the lack of functions and LED? Let's also try to perform a manual update on the system by following these steps listed here

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other users that may have this issue. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

nick1919
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Thanks Hector for the quick response. Unfortunately, both steps did not resolve the issue. No sound and no light indicator issue still exists.

- Switched to 2 different power outlets but no indicator lights were turning on. The ethernet lights continued to flicker which indicates some part of power is internally available. The speaker could be connected via SoundTouch app. No sound from soundbar when a radio station is shown as playing in the app

- Successfully completed the manual update via the USB-micro USB cable. Downloaded the patch and uploaded into soundbar. The progress bar indicated complete and displayed that the system will reboot. The power indicator lights did not still come on 😞 I was able to reconnect the speaker via SoundTouch app but still no sound when a radio station is playing.

- Another observation :- When the Bluetooth button is pressed on the remote, the soundtouch app changes to "Ready to connect" . I was able to connect my phone but music is played there is no sound from the soundbar. I did ensure to make sure the volume is up as well.

Hello nick1919,

Thanks for getting back to us and for completing the recommended steps. 

From this information, it does seem that there are internal components that are failing and the only resolution would be servicing.

I would love to personally assist you with your service, however, this is not something that can be achieved through the Bose Community. We can simply explore troubleshooting options, but in the event of servicing, this can only be arranged with your local support team. I would encourage you to reach back out and discuss this matter with them further.

Please accept my apologies that I am not able to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G