Highlighted
jenw1387
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Soundtouch 300 no power

Has anyone had success in getting a Soundtouch 300 that won't power on to work again?  I see that this seems to be a common issue on this site.  I bought the speaker 1.5 years ago and about 4 months ago it just stopped working.  I have tried plugging it into multiple outlets and it will not power on.  I find it quite disturbing that such an expensive piece of equipment would fail so quickly and even more disturbing that this doesn't appear to be an isolated incident.  I went with Bose because of their reputation and tyipically superior products but am quite frustrated at this point. 

Any success stories on this issue would be much appreciated!

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Soundtouch 300 no power

Hi Jenw1387,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and I will do all I can to assist you!   

I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

adarshvp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Bose® Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Module  no power  - Bought this on 27-Nov-2017.

It was working great but gave up 3 hours ago. I do not see the any light on the status life of the Accousicmass (next to the power inlet).

1.  Used the power chord of the SoundTouch 300 soundbar on the Acoustimass , no power (but the powerchord works on soundbar)
  2. Reset using the remote control, no power on the Acoustimass
  3. Powered off , unplugged from the wall socket for 10 minutes, Soundbar works but no power on the Acoustimass
  4. Tested with 3.5MM , it does not work ( i mean no sound from the Acoustimass ) 

Any troubleshooting tips would be helpful, it would be pity to see it dead in less than two years and would be hard to justify the cost.

I am not sure whether any customers have got it repaired or it is unrepairable issue.  If it can be repaired, how much would it cost.

After getting used to this Acoustimass, it feels weired to get used to the music. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi Adarshvp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with power to your Accoutimass 300 and I will do all I can to assist you!   

It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would recommend. As Service prices vary by region, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

Kindest,

Jessie O 

adarshvp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Thank you Jessie for your swift  response, much appreciated.

Few queries:

-   is the product standard warranty 1 year ? 

-  Is this issue with hardware or software (power management API) ? 

-  Is this issue repairable ?

- after it is repaired, will the replaced bit would have the warranty of 1 year.

Hi Adarshvp,

Thank you for coming back to me! 

Unfortunately, I can only answer that the issue has been repaired for other customers. For the most accurate information regarding service and warranty, as this is region-based, I would recommend reaching out to your local support using the instructions in my previous message.

Kindest,

Jessie O 

adarshvp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Thank you Jessie O.

*  my Bose Acoustimass 300 was under warranty

*  Bose Office Tongeren, Belgium created a support ticket and UPS delivery barcode

* packed it and dropped it at the UPS collection point, its on its way

So far it has gone all good.  The Bose support is super quick and helpful . No issues so far .

Everything is much appreciated.

Kev T
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Same here, Soundtouch 300 suddenly has no power.  Tried all the suggested methods and still no power.  Is this a common issue?

Hi Kev T, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far! 

Could you please confirm what methods you have attempted as well as if you see any LED's on the system at all? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and would love to hear from the community on if they have resolved this issue and how. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Kev T
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Hector,

I have tried the ways recommended on manual (see below)

1) Unplug the power cords for the soundbar and optional bass module
or surround speakers, wait 15 seconds and plug them firmly into a
live AC (mains) outlet.  - I have the acoustimass 300 as well and I have used the acoustimass power cord and it doesn't work as well, also I have tried using different AC outlets (I checked all the outlet I used and they are all working)
2) Use the remote control to power on the soundbar (see page 17).

There is absolutely no LED lights whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin