Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Re: Bose ST300 won’t turn on

I also have a ST300 that will not power up. The unit is in our motor home and has been used maybe 10 times. Of course the one year warranty is just out of reach. I am really disappointed with this product and the customer service behind it. Shame on Bose for creating such an inferior product. And charging so much for it! 

I think we should file a class action suit against Bose for this defective Sound Touch 300. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I know I was sketched out by this thread when my SoundTouch 300 quit, however the customer support did help me even though I am about a year out of warranty. I think they are well aware of the problem and they don't want to lose business from new or repeating loyal customers which is good. To the point, give them a chance to make it right for you before doing anything drastic, they are trying and willing to help.

The ST300 is a complicated piece of hardware and a lot of engineering went into it to give it the look, sound, and quality we expect from Bose products. It was designed/engineered by humans and we make mistakes sometimes.

I've not seen or heard of their other products having reliability issues like this so I am sure it is a fluke thing related specifically to the ST300.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

I'd be interested in what you said to customer service because I have talked to them twice and been very understanding with them but have had a completely different expereince.  I'm about 6 months past my warranty and was basically told things happen and there it's out of their control with no reasonable offer to help.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I'm in the US so I called the support in the US, the support experience may be different in other regions so I can only account for US support here.

I did have to call twice to get through to Josh who helped me. The first call I told the representative I have a problem with my SoundTouch 300, they redirected my call but I was disconnected after it rang a few times. I called back and was again redirected, however Josh answered the second time. I told him I was using my SoundTouch 300 the day before watching Youtube and the device shut off and would not turn back on. I then immediately told him after that I had posted here on the forums about the problem and was told to contact support via phone. He looked it up right away and found this post and from there was able to help me out to get it fixed even though it is out of warranty, he pulled the serial number up from my account and set up a support ticket and got the processing started on it. That is exactly how my experience went when I called in. I don't really understand why your experience would be so drastically different. How exactly did your conversation with support begin and end?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 300 no power

Hi Hector,

I have submitted the repair request about 3.5 weeks and the customer service said they will send me a box to ship my sound bar out.  After waiting for 3.5 weeks the box is still not here.  I have to email back to inquire where is the shipping box and they said it's apparently out of the carton kits.  And they should be getting the carton box at the end of Sept.  

My sound bar has stopped working since Aug and i'm out of soundbar for almost a month, while I have already agreed to pay the repair fee and just want to ship it back and get it fixed.   And now they said they are out of carton box until end of month.  I'm deeply disappointed as I just don't know when my sound bar will be fixed given I have already committed to pay for the repair fee given I have the sound bar for just around 18 months.

Thanks,

Kev

Highlighted

Hi Kev T, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am so very sorry that you have had this experience and can only apologize for this, please ask the team if there is any way that you can speed up the process at all. 

Please update me on the result of your call and I am sorry that I can't assist you with this personally! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Another frustrated customer here, facing the identical issue echoed again and again in this thread. My Soundtouch 300 recently stopped working after I returned home from my honeymoon last week. Of course it is no longer under the 1 year warranty. There is obviously a defect in the hardware causing this issue, and the fact that I’m forced to pay an additional $150 to repair this $700 piece of equipment is insane. It’s only 18 months old! I splurged on a high quality product for a reason and now just wish I would have gone with Sonos, or another cheaper option. I think I would rather chalk up my $700 and invest in a new product that will hopefully last more than a year. Extremely disappointing.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I received my box this past Saturday, I was told it would take 5 weeks to process when I called on 8-21-19, which would put it a few days over 5 weeks from what Josh told me. Best be patient and wait, it will come. If you have delivery notifications via UPS they will notify you when the box is in the mail coming to you. It will show as Bose on the shipper name.

It will be a plain long brown box with a foam wrap and some foam blocks to secure the speaker with in the box.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

I also received my box today so I can finally ship it out, however, the link provided on email seems to be expired now.  They sent me the request Aug 20 for the request and I guess the link no longer works.  Another email sent to Bose for new shipping label.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Sound touch 300 sound bar no power

Hi

Mysound touch 300 Sound bar has died. There is no power going to it. I have tried a different bose cable, the reset procedure, new batteries in the remote and nothing. I have spoken to the support line and they said that I would have to find the receipt to get it repaired or pay £120 which I find a bit unfair as it’s only about 2years old. The thing is I just had the same thing happen to the subwoofer which was fixed under warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working?