Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Soundbar 300 stopped working

I have a Bose 300 soundbar touch.

It suddenly stopped working.

I tried everything mentioned online on the community pages also, but nothing helped

A lot of people have complained about the same issue and it seems to be a common issue with the power supply.

I bought this unit from US and now I have moved to India and the unit is out of warranty.

We have had various Bose units over the years (from speakers to headphones, headsets) and we swear by Bose, but this unit failed miserably.

What am I supposed to do now it’s just so frustrating?

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundbar 300 stopped working

All you can do is contact Bose Support for your location and arrange to send it in for repair.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: Soundbar 300 stopped working

Yesterday my SoundTouch 300 died with no preamble. I tried all the steps mentioned here (https://www.boselatam.com/en_ar/support/article/speaker-will-not-turn-on.html) and once that didn't work I also tried the factory reset procedure mentioned here (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/restoring-factory-defaults-st300.html) none of them worked. I bought this product in April of 2017 and now it is out of warranty not sure what should I do. I read atleast 6-7 threads on this forum and this sounds like a manufacturing defect in batches of 2017. Bose should show some customer obsession or appreciation by recalling the items that know for sure have defects. Now when i call the customer support they say I have to shell out atleast $175 for them to even have a look at it. I have been a loyal Bose customer for years but never expected such poor customer service from them.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Soundbar 300 No Power No Lights.

Bose,

I purchased my Soundtouch 300 soundbar and Acoustimass 3/22/18 it is now 2/16/20 1 yr 11 mos and the soundbar died - No Power.

I followed all the troubleshooting suggestions from all the treads in this forum. When I went to the product support and repair link I put my product serial number in the box and it said "Warranty Expired" - The cost to ship and repair is $150 and asked for my CC info. I paid $600 for the bar and $600 for the sub $1,200 at Best Buy.

Now that the new model 700 is out and this model dropped to $300! 

I love the sound but the investment I made was for both sound and quality. I don't feel I should pay $150 for this repair! Please help me find a fair resolution for this investment.

Kind Regards,

McLeod M. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Re: Soundbar 300 No Power No Lights.

I have the same problem.  Terrible product and terrible support. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Re: Soundbar 300 No Power No Lights.

Good luck getting a meaningful answer from anyone at Bose.  Happened to me after using the soundbar less than 10 times but since it was after the 1  year mark I was out of luck.   Complete waste of $700 dollars and nowhere near the quality I though Bose produced.  Instead of pay the outrageous repair amount, I went with a new Samsung that was half the price of the faulty Bose soundbar.  Sound is just as good.  Unfortunate to see a reputable company miss the mark so badly and do nothing to remedy the situation.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

SoundTouch 300 No Power

Good day.

I purchased the SoundTouch 300 from Best Buy in 2017 and haven’t had any major issues with the system.

last week Tuesday when going to watch tv, there was no sound coming from the SoundTouch. The LED lights were not illuminated.

I have checked all adapters that the soundbar and the acoustimass 300 is plugged into and they are all working. I have also checked all power connections to the sound bar and acoustimass and they have been plugged in correctly. After going through this process a number of times, each time the LED lights on the sound bar are not lit and no sound is coming from the system. 
I have also been through various customer queries on this platform with the same problem and there has been mention of the power cable maybe being faulty.

With the current issue of quarantine of the COVID virus, it is impossible for me to visit Best Buy to get help or even get someone to call to see what the issue could be.

Is there any possible way of maybe getting my hands on a new power cable  to test to see if this is the issue? 
Would I require a power cable for the soundbar as well as the acoustimass? 
If the issue is with the acoustimass, surely that should not affect the power of the soundbar and the LED lights not coming on?

Please can you help - being locked up at home without proper music and tv is a bit frustrating.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: SoundTouch 300 No Power

Good day.

Can someone please revert with feedback on my query submitted on Sunday the 22nd March.

Many thanks

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 300 No Power

Hi RyanMac, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with our soundbar. 

If you haven't already, please give any troubleshooting outlined in this thread a try and if this fails to resolve the problem, please get in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Soundtouch 300 no power

Bose Product - Bose Soundbar 300

Location - USA/CA

Problem - Soundbar not powering up when trying to power on using remote. LED lights doesn't turn on.

Troubleshooting - (But, nothing works)

1. Tried using a different set of batteries for my remote.
2. Tried with a different power outlet.
3. Tried removing the power cord completely and connected it back after few minutes on a different power outlet.
4. Pressed the soundtouch button on the remote and than tried pressing the last button the remote next to CC Caption for few seconds to reset.
5. Tried connecting directly through Ethernet instead of the Wireless at the back of the bose speaker.
6. Ordered a new power cord and tried with it.