Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Soundtouch 300 problem with subwoofer

Hi I'm new to this.

I have successfully switch on the soundtouch 300 did the test connected with q led TV all OK.. 

Tried to add the subwoofer but the sub led is not on (not orange nor white like dead) what i tried so far..

Reset the soundbar and checked that is up to date. Changed power cord of the subwoofer changed also wall plug, tried to conned it with the cable.. still no led on.. what can be the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Your input is much appreciated 

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 300 problem with subwoofer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sim222

Yes, that would be correct 😊

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

It is really strange that your bass module is not showing any LEDs at any time. You've taken some really great steps to investigate this which really helps. Did you try the soundbar cable on the bass module?

Also, could you please confirm which bass module you have?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Re: Sound touch 300 problem with sub woofer

Hello Thanks for coming back, 

Yes i tried the same cable of the soundtouch 300 but no success.. 

sub is the base module 300 as well. I took it to bose malta (Doneo) as it is still under warranty.

but still curious about what could be the problem.

thanks. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

please note that the problem was fixed form our supplier her in malta. 

it had a mosfet and a diode which needed to be changed. 

the sub is now back to normal working condition ..

I dont know if you are the right person or not to ask, but if not can you advise to whom I can speak. 

I wish to buy another soundbar with the sub woofer 500 to be used with the same system I have 300 soundtouch and sub 300.. can the bar be used as a rear speakers? does the bar has 3 drivers? the 500 sound bar? can I set it through the app to act like 2 speakers? (it could be that I`m saying something which does not make sense that is why i`m referring to the experts 🙂 )  

Highlighted

Hi Sim, 

We are glad this was resolved for you!

As for your questions, it is not possible to use the SoundTouch 300 as rear speakers. You are correct these have 3 drivers, however you personally cannot have control over these. 

The only other items which can be added to your SoundTouch 300 and bass module are one more Bass Module 500 and a single pair of our surround speakers. 

You can also get other SoundTouch products to group to the SoundTouch 300 via the SoundTouch app, however if you are using this in a reference to video you will experience an audio to video delay so it's not recommended for cinematic purposes. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Thanks for your reply again,

so I can use what I have plus I can add sub woofer 500 + the invisible speakers correct?

thanks again for your support. 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sim222

Yes, that would be correct 😊

View solution in original post