Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Soundtouch 300 remote back button samsung TV

Hello, 

Anyone managed to get the back button working on the soundtouch 300 remote? 

Im using a samsung tv and there seems to be a lot of topics about this since 2017. But so far no sollution is suppose. 

I'm wondering did anyone manage to fix this issue? 

I would buy the bose universal remote which is standard for soundtouch 700 if this one doesn't have the problem.

-Would the universal remote for soundtouch 700 work with soundtouch 300?

-Does this remote also have the issue with the back button? \

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 remote back button samsung TV

Hi,

I'm bumping this topic as I'd also like to get answers to these questions. 

I've just bought ST300 and the lack of back button support in Samsung TV is... disappointing. 

Cheers,

Jakub

Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 remote back button samsung TV

I saw this and several other posts about no ‘back’ button on Bose remotes for controlling apps on smart TVs, especially Samsung. I was about to give up on being able to use one remote to control YouTube TV, Netflix and other apps built into our Samsung TV and also control our Bose Cinemate 130 console.

I learned that CEC and ARC might be the answer.  After trying a couple different HDMI cables between the HDMI ARC port on the TV and the TV port on the Bose console, I questioned the version of the cables.  Low and behold, the ones I had tried were pre v.1.4 that’s necessary for ARC & HDMI.

With the right cable between the TV and the Bose system, I can now use the TV remote to turn both devices on and off, control the volume through the Bose, and navigate all apps in the TV Smart Hub.

I will use the Bose remote to control all other devices or components connected to it.

Hopefully HDMI & ARC will help someone else with the same ‘lack of a back button’ problem.