Soundtouch 300 sounds like crap

Silent Starter

Soundtouch 300 sounds like crap

I have a ST300 + sub connected to a Sony TV via HDMI ARC cable.  Sounds flat.  I have run Adaptiq process multiple times and it doesnt do any good.  I have a Sonos playbar+sub system in another room connected to a Sony TV and it sounds incredible.  Any suggestions on how I can improve the ST300?

5 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundtouch 300 sounds like crap

I have the same boring issue. My Logitech Boombox (a $50 portable loudspeaker) sounds better.

I think it must be some kind of faulty device, that’s why I created this account and will also write on this forum. Found your post on the way...

Good luck!

Highlighted

Hello,

Curiously do you have the SoundTouch 300 connected to a network and fully updated? Have you tried to stream content using the SoundTouch application or Bluetooth? If so, does the audio quality improve, or is roughly the same? Lastly, have you tried to reboot the SoundTouch 300 as well as the TV, and re-seat the HDMI cable?

Let us know how the above goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

Silent Starter

Yes, ST is fully updated.

ST sounds great when streaming audio and via BT.

Yes, have rebooted.

Yes, have tried new HDMI cables and optical cable.  still sounds like **bleep** from TV.  I have same exact TV in another room with a Sonos soundbar.  TV settings are same, Sonos sounds way better.
Strident Supporter

Hi @syme71

Try factory reset 1x/2x (sometimes this helps)

press SoundTouch button and hold text button, this will wipe corrupt settings.

Let us know if this work.

Silent Starter

Hello I have just the bar connected to a LG B6 OLED via ARC and I have been trying to investigate for a while why the sound isn’t very impressive. I don’t have much experience with audio so can’t compare it but expected a lot better considering the user reviews. There’s just no quality to it. Voices seem difficult to hear aswell and sound flat. Have tried both auto and pcm on TV. Satellite Box (Sky Uk) set to Dolby Digital aswell as UHd Blu-ray set to bitstream. I have tried resetting the bar and re running adaptiq many times. Will watch thread with interest.