Highlighted
tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Soundtouch 300 will not turn on...

I'm gathering from searching the archives this is something that happens with these... all of a sudden just will not power on.  

Tried resetting it via unplugging it, the controller, into a different outlet... nothing.  Completely dead.  

What exactly is the issue with these?  This is my first Bose product and not very inspiring.  

9 REPLIES 9
tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 300 will not turn on...

A follow up on my own issue... I got on chat with a Bose tech here and it was determined it would need to be sent back in for repair.  It is out of warranty so I have to pay $149+tax which I'm not super happy about.  

I bought a Bose based on the thought I'd buy something that had amazing sound and quality... it has been buggy with my Samsung TV and now this.  

Sending it off to Bose to get it fixed.  

I'd love to know what goes wrong with these as it seems to be a popular thing to happen with these.  A curious thing is that I can still attach to it via the Soundtouch app and 'play' music although there are no lights/sound coming out of the bar.  It's powered on or at least partially powered on and the wifi/BT seem to work although the LEDs/speakers aren't doing anything.  

dmitryk99@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I am having the exact same issue with my SoundTouch 300. I have been using it with Bose Subwoofer and worked great until today. Sub is still powered on but not the SoundTouch. I used Sub's power cable since it is the same type, plugged it into multiple working outlets and nothing. No power. The remote works fine since I also have Solo 5 to test on and it passed. I spent $699 on the SoundTouch 300 and another $499 on the sub to pair it with. This is not what I expected from Bose!

nick1919
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I have the exact same issue with my Soundtouch 300. It is disappointing to be charged a fee of 149$ for what seems to be a common problem. Many users have reported this issue based on the archives. It could be possible one of the firmware updates could have caused the issue. I hope Bose can waive this fee for a prevalent issue. 

Following are my observations:-

- Suddenly the power indicator light disappeared even the power cable plugged in

- The ethernet lights at the back are flickering when power cable is connected 

- Able to remove and add the speaker from the soundtouch app as the device still gets detected

- No sound, No lights - Tried to play a radio station

- Followed different power off methods but no luck

- Tried to factory reset with remote but no light indicators to complete the factory reset.

tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Exactly... there seems to be some sort of common fault with these 300s!

tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

To once again reply to my own thread.... the person I was chatting with at Bose said I'd not be charged until my Soundtouch was actually fixed.  It's still sitting under my TV not working and I'm waiting for them to send me the box to send it back.    

Just an FYI... looks like we're paying to have it fixed for a KNOWN fault with these things and before it gets fixed.  

tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

d oRe: Soundtouch 300 will not turn on...

To add onto my saga... still no box received and I WAS charged for the repair.  It has since been credited back to my account.

So I called customer service to see what was going on and the agent I spoke to didn't inspire any confidence.  I asked about the box and she said 'they do not send out boxes ever' and I while asking why would someone tell me that... she's clicking around and then said oh I see a note here we're sending you a box.  

So now there's a new request to send me a box.  

Summary I have a dead Soundtouch and I have no idea what Bose is doing at this point.  I'm not sure if Bose knows what they're doing either...  

dmitryk99@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: d oRe: Soundtouch 300 will not turn on...

I called Bose and was told to send it in for repairs. I got 30% off after expressing my distaste for the quality of 2 year old product. They are sending me packaging and a prepaid UPS tag. I urge each one of you to raise your concerns about the quality expectation at Bose’s price point. There are cheaper alternatives that last longer than couple years. 

dmitryk99@hotmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

So, 10 days later, no box arrived no email follow up. I just called customer service to follow up on the delay and was told that packaging is on back order and won’t be available until February. Now, I have no problem spending money on a box but why didn’t anyone from Bose reach out to notify me of the delay? The rep told me I should been notified on my original call of the back order issue. Wow! Talking about epic fail in service! This will be my last purchase form Bose. This has been ridiculous!

tri4autsm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Same experience here... exactly except they offered me 50% off of my repair cost... AND for me to box it up on my own and send it in.  Their phone reps seem pretty unsure and untrained IMO, hasn't been super awesome dealing with them.  

I had to call and follow up with them though... they probably would have never called me.

So I'm getting ready to box mine up and send it off.  Unsure where I stand but I definitely don't have a great opinion of quality/service at the present which is one reason I spent $$$ for the product.