Highlighted
Andytoo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Soundtouch 300

Hi folks, my 1st post and its issues with a ST300 bar.

Ever since we bought this, it has been more trouble thank its worth. 

I cannot get it to play sound from the hdmi arc any more. It would often loose its sync with the tv after a day or 2 . The longest we have had fault free use since purchasing it in august 19 is 10days max. 

Normally we would turn on the tv and the soundbar would play the sound after a few seconds. Operating the volume butttons on the tv remote or bose remote would work the volume and it would show on the tv screen what the volume was at. 

I have tried the 15min power down. Disconnect the hdmi cable etc etc. 

Now i can only use the optical cable or bluetooth to get the sound! 

Tv is up to date with software (samsung series8 55" curve) and soundbar is up to date also. 

When it works, we love it. When it doesn't (most of the time) we hate it! And im about ready to throw in the towel. 

I find it hard to believe the tv is the root cause as we never had issues with our older sound systems. 

So many people are having issues of the same nature that i may well escalate this to Watchdog and Trading standards as i can not foresee a permanent fix. The consumer should not have to go through regular (weekly and sometime daily) rests .

3 REPLIES 3
gajones
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 2, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300

I ran into the same issue (although I have an LG). What worked for me was connecting both the HDMI and optical cables. The sound comes through the optical, and the HDMI allows the on/off/volume commands to work. 

Andytoo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Cheers, thats exactly what we now have it set up like. 

Just want it the way it was. 

I am OCD.... if it works the way it is supposed to, then thats how i want it to work..... and what i paid for. Not some half hat version.  

Bose equipment is top quality and we paid a large sum for something that doesnt do what its supposed to. I could (and have) paid less for a system that is far more user friendly! We buy Bose because we expect the best, and are seriously let dowm

gajones
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 2, 2017

You're correct, it should work. Personally I just decided to live with it, as with both cables connected it did what I wanted.