Highlighted
Fattpanda
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Soundtouch 700 randomly plays music

Has anyone experienced their soundbar randomly playing music at different times during the day? It was 3am and it started playing heavy metal music on mine. Have only started experiencing this recently.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 700 randomly plays music

Hi Fattpanda,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your speaker playing when it shouldn't be and I would be happy to help with this.

When your speaker has started playing unexpectedly, if you were to open the Bose Music app, what source does the soundbar say it is playing from? 

Finding out where this music is being played from will point us in the right direction to work out how it is starting. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Fattpanda
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Hey Keith, looks like its from spotify. 

Highlighted

Hi Fattpanda,

Thank you for letting me know that information.

If it is playing from Spotify it is possible to start the speaker playing from either the Bose Music app, Spotify Connect or the remote (if you have set a preset for it). Given what you have said so far, the most likely options are going to be the Bose Music app or Spotify Connect. 

Do you share your Spotify or Bose Music accounts with anyone else? It could be someone is controlling the soundbar from the apps without you knowing about it, or accidentally choosing your speaker in Spotify Connect. 

Also, is your Soundbar connected to a shared Wi-Fi network? 

The first thing I would recommend we do to test this is to remove the Spotify account from the Bose Music app. This will narrow down the options for what is starting the speaker playing, and you can re-add the account after testing it for a while without.

To remove the Spotify account you would want to go to the account settings on the Bose Music app, by going to the 'My Bose' page and selecting the icon of a person in the top right-hand corner. From there select manage music services > Spotify > remove. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.