Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Soundtouch App won't connect to Spotify and Tunein

The Soundtouch app won't connect to Tunein either of my MacBook Pro's but it works fine on my iPad. The initial startup of the Soundtouch app says that BOSE server is not currently available but I have been trying to connect for a couple of days and it still doesn't work. 

Also I can't log into my Premium Spotify account through the Soundtouch app. I enter the login details but the app tells me it can't log in because I need a Premium account. I don't know why it won't recognize that I have a premium account?

I have just updated the app on both MacBooks and it still doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch App won't connect to Spotify and Tunein

Hi @denhaagdunlop,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your SoundTouch app seems to be causing you issues and not allowing you to stream audio through TuneIn or Spotify.

I would recommend signing out of your SoundTouch account on all devices (iPad & both MacBooks), then unplug your router from power for 1 minute. After waiting for the one minute, plug the router back in. Then, when your internet is back up and running, sing back into your SoundTouch accounts and see if you're still having the same issue. Sometimes a refresh of your internet connections can help the SoundTouch app server. 

Give that a try and let us know how things go for you.

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Re: Soundtouch App won't connect to Spotify and Tunein

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the help. Logging out and logging in again seemed to do the trick and it is all working again.

Kind Regards

Alan