Highlighted
Mark Phelan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Soundtouch App won't update on my MacBook

The Soundtouch app works fine on my 2 iPhones (7&8), but every time I try to use it on my MacBook, I get a message that it needs to update.
When it asks for usename and password to make changes, it says I've given the wrong info, but they're the ones I have in my list.
Also, the new Bose cusomter service line is useless. I've been on hold for 20 minutes and have not moved up 1 spot in the line.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Soundtouch App won't update on my MacBook

Hello Mark,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

To resolve this issue with the update loop on your MacBook, we'll need to uninstall the SoundTouch application and re-install from a new download.

If you navigate to the SoundTouch Folder under "Applications," then select the "SoundTouch Uninstaller" this will delete it.

Then go HERE to download a new copy of the SoundTouch app and install.

Let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

PawelBo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

It's not a resolution. It's a workaround at best. For example after reinstaling all the settings will be lost probably.

It's a shame that perceived as premium brand Bose isn't able to deliver working application.

Regards,

Hi PawelBo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Reinstalling the App shouldn't wipe your settings as they are linked to your SoundTouch account. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

AZGolfore
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Soundtouch won’t update

My SoundTouch won’t update from anywhere. 

Re: Soundtouch won’t update

Hello AZGolfore,

Thanks for reaching out today. 

Is it your app or your system that will not update? 

If it is your app could I please ask which phone and operating system you have? 

If it is your speaker, can I please ask which speaker you have and which updating methods you have used? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

JLangt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

This also happens  to me every time on my Macbook when Bose Soundtouch updates. It doesn't happen on my Iphone or my elderly ipad. It is very, very annoying. 

I'd like to know why Bose, which must obviously be aware of the problem, isn't trying to solve this beyond suggesting a complete reinstall as a workaround.

rcolin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Is there any further update on the problem below

When the sound touch app is opened on my MAC I am asked for to update to app, when I initialise the update the app closes. I have tried all ways to to rectify this to no avail can anyone please help. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling still no luck. The Soundtouch App works fine on my iPhone and iPad. FRUSTRAING GRRRR

Help would be Appreciated

Hi Rcolin, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'd be happy to see what I can offer for you. Can you tell me which operating system you are running on your Macbook?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

PawelBo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Half a year later still the same behaviour. Is there a plan to fix the bug?