Tiger Richards
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Re: Soundtouch App won't update on my MacBook

I was hopeful.

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  The software needs to be updated.  Contact the developer for more information."

I'm running MacOS 10.15.3

Tiger Richards
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Okay -- this worked when trying to install a fresh copy of SoundTouch to my MacBook Pro running 10.15.3:

"Let's start with right-clicking (or Command-clicking) on the app and select "Open" from the context menu. This will present a slightly different dialog box: this time, you'll be presented with an "Open" button that will let you force OS X to run the app."

I am in agreement with other commentators in this forum -- the software published by Bose ought to be of a quality commensurate with the hardware they produce.  I've been very disappointed by the lack of features in the software.

BRANDONNEW1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I have just about had it with the uninstall reinstall with this app! I will NEVER buy a Bose wifi system again! I can't tell you how much time I have wasted on these updates....that do absolutely nothing to listening experience!!!!!!!

mechanic75
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

updated to the latest software on my mac to catalina. now can't up date seen bose still have a big problem to fix please please help

mbloof
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

I have the same exact problem

Yet another forced Soundtouch update. While you are given the option to 'install later' you can't actually use the application as it goes directly into an app update.

I went ahead and clicked, downloaded and when I went to open the installer, MACOS/Apple won't open it because of security issues.

Soundtouch control/application is now non-functional on my MAC. Thankfully it still works on my iPhone and WIN10 computers.

Shame on Bose.

Rabee
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Soundtouch 20 App installer not opening in MacBook

While updating the existing app, it takes me to Bose website to download the app for Mac OX. After downloading the installer, it says “SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

So, a working app has stopped working. Can you please resolve the issue, thanks,

Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 20 App installer not opening in MacBook

Hello Rabee, 

Thanks for posting. 

To get this resolved, you will need to follow the steps on this page. More specifically, the "How to open an app that hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer" section. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
FrustMac
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

I am transferring file and apps from my old Imac to a new Catalina Mac. I continually get the "software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information." I am on the 3rd hour of this circle of frustration.

I have transferred files, updated both of my speakers on the old computer, installed and uninstalled the Soundtouch app, and rebooted my computer multiple times.

I found the area in security to allow for Soundtouch to be updated on the computer. 

NOTHING IS WORKING.

If I can't update the software on the new computer, that means I can't control the updates by hardwiring into the computer as I have done since I purchased the speakers.

What should I do?

Jessie_O

Hey FrustMac, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

I have a great thread HERE to should assist you with Catalina and the SoundTouch application. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
philmaid
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

I have been having trouble re-installing my SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and the Bose Chat line was no use at all. I am using a MnacBook Air and am on the latest Catalina OS. I can download from thre link in your reply to Mark, but am unable to open the Installer. I got this far previously and got a message saying it can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software and to refer to developoer for more information. I can't get that far now! Can you advise please?