keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Soundtouch Phone Application - Volume Control

Bose,

I have for many years been complaining that the volume control on the soundtouch app is horrible.

Tonight while listening to my SoundTouch30 the volume went to 100 %, the only way to drop the volume was to power down the speaker.

My brand new Lifestyle 650 has also done the same thing.

There is CLEARLY an issue here. We have a baby now and this glitch is unacceptable.

Please offer me a solution to this ASAP.

For now i wont use the app anymore, but this defeats the purpose of having the system in the first place.

Thanks

Keith

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: Soundtouch Phone Application - Volume Control

Hello Keith,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the volume control on the SoundTouch app and I would be happy to help with this.

So I can help troubleshoot this with you as accurately as possible, I do have a few questions to start us off with.

When the volume jumps, what device is the app being used on? Does it do this with the app on all devices, or just a specific device?

What source is playing when this happens? Does it have the same issue on all sources?

When the volume increases, is it possible to turn it down using methods other than the app? Do the remotes work for either the Lifestyle or SoundTouch 30?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

using an iPhone with the sound touch app, when I open the app, select the speaker and touch the slider to decrease the volume it goes straight to 100%, I didn’t try using the app to decrease I freaked out and powered down the speaker straight away. 

we were playing Spotify.

Hector_B

Hey keef82, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please let me know if you have both the SoundTouch App and the Spotify application open at the same time? If so can you please try using Spotify through the SoundTouch app and keeping the Spotify application fully closed? 

I would also like to know if you could please test the same scenario with a different device to see if this still occurs? I would also recommend ensuring that the volume inside the Spotify app is not at the maximum before closing it. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards,

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!