Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Soundtouch and Google wifi mesh

I have a Bose Soundtouch 200 and a 10. Today, I changed to a new Google nest wifi (mesh) system. The wifi is excellent throughout the house, but the bose speakers won't connect to the satellite points (I have two).

I tried all the suggestions on the forum I could find. Reboots, factory resets, restarting router etc.

With the help of google rep, I got the speakers running on wifi if they're in proximity to the google Nest ROUTER. If they're closer to one of the google wifi points instead, they can't be found by the soundtouch app or spotify-- and there is full wifi signal there, as my phone confirms. In fact, the bose speaker will show the solid white wifi connection light like it's ready, but it still can't be recognized by the apps or play music with the preset buttons.

It seems like there's some issue with them connecting to the mesh network through the wifi points.

Has anyone been able to solve this? I found a few posts on it in the forum from a few years ago with no great solutions (one was to use a different router--- thumbs down).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Re: Soundtouch and Google wifi mesh

Any ideas?

I've enjoyed my speaker for several years, disappointed to lose it. The mesh network is great with every other device in our house.

Highlighted

Hello nmasc, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! I am sorry to read that you are having some connection issues and appreciate the fact you have attempted some troubleshooting so far. 

The white LED on the systems means that they are connected to Wi-Fi, however, the way that the SoundTouch app works is it will search for the speakers on the same network that the device is connected to. So when the mesh network and satellite points are added into the mix the app may struggle to correctly locate the systems. 

This issue is something that I would suggest calling us about as there are many different variables that come into play when dealing with mesh networks and extenders. This isn't something that can usually be resolved via the community due to the complexity of the setup and other factors. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. Then a member of the team will be able to dissect this further for you. 

However, if you are unable to make the call or would rather attempt to resolve this via the community, I would be more than happy to assist further with this 😊.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@nmasc wrote:

I have a Bose Soundtouch 200 and a 10. Today, I changed to a new Google nest wifi (mesh) system. The wifi is excellent throughout the house, but the bose speakers won't connect to the satellite points (I have two).

I tried all the suggestions on the forum I could find. Reboots, factory resets, restarting router etc.

With the help of google rep, I got the speakers running on wifi if they're in proximity to the google Nest ROUTER. If they're closer to one of the google wifi points instead, they can't be found by the soundtouch app or spotify-- and there is full wifi signal there, as my phone confirms. In fact, the bose speaker will show the solid white wifi connection light like it's ready, but it still can't be recognized by the apps or play music with the preset buttons.

It seems like there's some issue with them connecting to the mesh network through the wifi points.

Has anyone been able to solve this? I found a few posts on it in the forum from a few years ago with no great solutions (one was to use a different router--- thumbs down).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Your mesh network is likely setup in a dual band format which might be different than your previous setup. 

I suggest logging out of your SoundTouch account and relogging back in. Have your speakers rejoin the new mesh speakers on the dual band network.. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I called Bose customer service and the rep was helpful. He determined that since my SoundTouch 20 is one of the older generations, it isn’t compatible with the internet protocol from the mesh points.

I moved a newer SoundTouch from the basement up to the kitchen and it is working fine. I’ll keep the older one in the basement since that one connects to the router anyway

thanks again