patchy92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

Soundtouch app V23.0 constant 6302 error and app crashing

Hi

I am unable to get my Soundtouch app to play / display my WMP Library.

My system comprises:

Windows 7 (32Bit), trend micro antivirus  (no other apps on computer) bare bones

WMP (v12.0.7601.24499) - (very large) library in default location

Soundtouch APP V23.0.0

Soundtouch 10 Wireless Music System (by 2) connected via Wireless

Soundtouch 20 Series II Wi-fi music system (by1) connected via ethernet

TPLINK 20 Port 100Gb unmanaged router (for local network)

All Sountouch's work perfectly when accessing tune-in radio, all can be fully controlled via the soundtouch app.

However when tyring to access WMP library on main computer it comes up with as constant 6302 code. this is even after waiting overnight 'for something to happen'

I have tried the following (from this forum posts) with no success

• reinstalled Soundtouch app
  • removed and added music library  (Soundtouch app provides notification that 'service has been added'
  • reset and reconnected all soundtouch speaker units
  • disable firewall
  • set firewall exceptions for WMP and Bose soundtouch
  • set WMP share and stream conditions to 'allow all'
  • Refreshed WMP library
  • Restarted computer, router etc (many times)

We have also noted the soundtouchhelper.exe keeps crashing intermittently.. and that when you select 'sync music library' nothing seems to happen - should you get an indication..

Any help is appreciated

regards

Grant

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch app V23.0 constant 6302 error and app crashing

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to access your music library on the SoundTouch app and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done a lot of great troubleshooting already, all of the steps you have mentioned are very useful when investigating an issue with a music library.

As you mentioned disabling and allowing exceptions in your firewall, was this in your antivirus software or on your router? It is worth checking to see if you have any other firewalls on your computer or router that could be causing this and disabling them to test.

We do have a list of other router settings we recommend when using our speakers on a Wi-Fi network. I will post these below for you, so you can check these against your network yourself if you would like. If you would like assistance setting checking that you can reach out to your local support team HERE, by selecting your country/region and scrolling down to 'contact us', they can help you with these settings.

One slightly weird thing that can occasionally cause issues with music libraries is the naming of tracks. If any of the song titles contain the '@' symbol it can sometimes cause this error code to appear. It would be worth searching on Windows Media Player to see if that symbol is in any song titles and either renaming or removing the tracks.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.