Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2015

Soundtouch app won't open no matter how many time re-installed

iMac 27"  OS:Mojave 10.14.4

I've been problem with Soundtouch app since last year. I was faced Soundtouch app "re-open" loop for long time. I have to erase app and downloaded new version for each time before I use app. (because the app can open only first time right after downloaded....) Now, I can't even open app right after just installed new version. The download itself is looks OK, but app window is fleeze at really first moment.(white screen with black BOSE logo in center, then fleezed) I cut firewall , then even contact Norton guy and he checked my iMac but he said it is not Norton problem but app.  

I did

・erase app and download new version (a hundred times!!)

・cut off Norton firewall 

Is there any way unless go back to old version from my backup HDD??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch app won't open no matter how many time re-installed

Author Accepted Answer selected by leimia

Hello Leimia, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the SoundTouch app on your iMac. It is unusual, and not a common problem we hear of, so we need to assess why this is occurring. 

Can you please provide more information about the specifications of your computer to give us a better understanding? Additionally, when you have run the installer and installation has completed, are you launching the app directly from the applications folder on the mac? on Launchpad? or via a shortcut on the desktop? 

Finally, can you please confirm you are fully uninstalling the app via the uninstaller in the applications folder (cmd+shift+A, while on the desktop will take you to your applications folder.) Or are you just dragging the icon to the trash can? 

If you would like to speak to an agent who can take over your iMac remotely to assist, I can recommend getting in touch by visiting this link, then clicking on your country, followed by the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by leimia

Hello Leimia, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the SoundTouch app on your iMac. It is unusual, and not a common problem we hear of, so we need to assess why this is occurring. 

Can you please provide more information about the specifications of your computer to give us a better understanding? Additionally, when you have run the installer and installation has completed, are you launching the app directly from the applications folder on the mac? on Launchpad? or via a shortcut on the desktop? 

Finally, can you please confirm you are fully uninstalling the app via the uninstaller in the applications folder (cmd+shift+A, while on the desktop will take you to your applications folder.) Or are you just dragging the icon to the trash can? 

If you would like to speak to an agent who can take over your iMac remotely to assist, I can recommend getting in touch by visiting this link, then clicking on your country, followed by the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 1, 2015

Hi Jeff

I erased all Soundtouch files and installed app one more time, and it works!!!

I been just only drag Soundtouch icon from application into trash......

Now it is work. Thanks for tips.

Leimia

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for getting back in touch to let us know, I am glad that the steps Jeff posted helped you!

Should you need anything else please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C