Soundtouch displays but won't play WMP music library (plays streaming services)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Soundtouch displays but won't play WMP music library (plays streaming services)

Soundtouch App will display library but won't play songs, instead skipping through selected songs in album or playlists. Sometimes it shows error 3101.

Also, Spotif, plays the WMP library just fine on separate app via SoundTouch speakers but if selected to play from within the SoundTouch app it gives a licensing error, "Track not available in your country."   The local library plays fine in WMP and Groove and on other devices.

Using Win 10 v. 1709, build 16299.371

Soundtouch Interface v. 18.1.6, Protocol v. 60, App v. 18.1.4

I have updated, uninstalled/reinstalled WMP media library, uninstalled SoundTouch app, rebooted, reinstalled, disconnect, reconnected speakers, etc etc.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES

Re: Soundtouch displays but won't play WMP music library (plays streaming services)

Hello @mlbromley,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your music library. Was this library working in the past with the SoundTouch application? What is the file-path to your music library, is it on the local C drive?

As for the support of local music libraries added to Spotify, this is not supported through the SoundTouch application. This is the reason for that error.

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Soundtouch displays but won't play WMP music library (plays streaming services)

Thanks for getting back to me.  Have been running SoundTouch from WMP local folder (synced via OneDrive) for past 2 years, never an issue.  This behavior started 2 weeks ago. I have since un/ re-installed, deleted/ reset the library , etc. Behavior persists.

As for Spotify on local files, not sure if I ever used it before that way via SoundTouch but tried it b/c Soundtough was giving error and running through songs in albums and playlists without playing (displays each song 1 sec then moves on to next, and so on.)

Hi there mlbromley,

Thanks for the info.

Does it skip through the songs very quickly, like several tracks per second?

Can you check the tracks in the local folder to see that they are still there?  I wonder if OneDrive made those files cloud only.

You can also try rebuilding your WMP database files.  Instructions are as follows:

a)   Exit Windows Media Player.

b)   Click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.

c)    Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.

d)   Restart Windows Media Player.

Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

If the above does not fix your issue then clear the Windows Media Player database cache files. To do this, follow these steps:

a)   Exit Windows Media Player.

b)   Click Start, click Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft, and then click OK.

c)    Select the Media Player folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

d)   Restart Windows Media Player.

Best,

Brandon