Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Soundtouch firmware wont update

Every time I open the SoundTouch app on my computer it prompts me to update the firmware. However it won't update and give me a message Uh Oh Something went wrong... (194)

How do I get the update and stop the prompts?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch firmware wont update

Hey John Ross,

Thanks for your post. Can you tell us a little more about the issues you're currently experiencing? Are you trying to update the firmware of a SoundTouch speaker and unable to do so, or are you unable to update the software for the SoundTouch application?

If the latter, have you tried uninstalling the app completely from your computer, followed by downloading and installing the latest version from our website HERE

If this doesn't resolve your issue, or you are instead experiencing difficulties in updating the firmware for a SoundTouch speaker, please let us know. The more information that you can provide, the better. Let us know what computer operating system you have, or what SoundTouch speaker(s) you have 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

I assume that it's the speaker firmware which I'm being prompted to update. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to my Mac (running Catalina) on the weekend to solve some other issues and it was initially working well. However after a few uses I started to get the update prompt each time I open the app and then the 'Uh oh' message when I try to upgrade. I hope this assists.

Highlighted

Hi John,

Thank you for the update! 

When you were reinstalling the app, did you download the latest version from our website HERE? If you installed a previous version, it could still be trying to update the app.

If it is the speaker that is trying to update, could you let me know which SoundTouch speaker you have? That way I can give you the correct steps to manually update your speaker. If you are unsure, you can double-check with our Product Identifier.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.