Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Soundtouch, iOS app issue

I absolutely love my Soundtouch 10 speaker, but the Bose Soundtouch app never finds the speaker. I uninstalled it, download it again, add the speaker, connected it to the wifi network, the app finds it, I go through the whole setting process, and after a little while (some times minutes) the app is not able to find the speaker. I end up opening Spotify and from my phone select ”play on Soundtouch 10” within the Spotify app, and it works EVERY TIME. Even asking my Alexa devices to turn on/off the speaker works EVERY TIME, but the Bose app just won't. I’m tired of doing hard/soft resets, I just want it to work properly because the speaker works beautifully and it's a shame the whole experience is diminished by this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Re: Soundtouch, iOS app issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by jossluna

I believe the problem has been solved!

I bought a new router, and now the app works flawlessly on a 5G band. 

Thank you so much for all your support. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Hello Jossluna, 

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. It sounds like your phone may be auto-switching between WiFi and Cellular data. Please try the following to see if you notice a difference: 

On the iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular Data (this is called Mobile Data in some regions) > Scroll towards the bottom of the list and you'll see "WiFi Assist." Disable this, then check the app. This will force the phone to stay connected to your WiFi network that your speaker is on. 

Please give this a try and be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi! Thanks for such a prompt and kind reply.

I have the WiFi Assist feature disabled since I got my phone in order to consume data from my plan while at home, yet the issue persists. 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I'm sorry to hear this didn't help. Let's try some other stuff. 

Are there extenders in your home? It could be that your phone may be jumping onto the extender while the speaker is set to the router's network. This would explain why Spotify can see it, but your phone can't.

Also, it is likely you have a Dual-band router. If so, please try to split the bands so you have a network with the 2.4Ghz and a separate network with 5Ghz. Once you have done this, please factory reset the speaker by pressing and holding Preset 1 and Vol- together for around ten seconds or until the speaker's LEDs begin to flash. Then, please set the speaker up as a new device ensuring the speaker is connected to the network you plan to use your phone on. 

I hope this helps!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Thanks again for your prompt response. 

I don't have any extenders at home, but I do have a 2.4 network with these settings: 

Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-18 a la(s) 12.33.53.png

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. 

Is there any chance you are able to upload that at a larger size, I'm unable to read any of the text. 🧐

Did you manage to split the bands and try the steps I mentioned in my post? How did you get on? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi!

By clicking on the image when the magnifying glass cursor comes up you should be able to see it full size. I have no idea on how to split bands on my router, but I see the 802.11 band is set to 2.4 GHz, with a bandwidth of 20 MHz.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-03-19 a la(s) 11.42.35.png

Highlighted

Haha, you know what? That hadn't occurred to me. We do not actually use the website to directly view/respond to these posts. I can see it clearly now on there. 😄

Can you please change the channel selection from automatic to a single channel? This may help with the issue. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi!

I've changed from auto to channels 1, 6, 7, 8 & 11, it works nicely immediately, but after a while, the app is still not able to find the speaker. 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

That's fantastic to hear it worked immediately, but I'm sorry you're still not having continued connection to the speaker. 

Have you tried to disconnect the router from power for a few minutes, then re-connected to see if performance improves? I know this sounds like a simple step but this can sometimes be the solution in similar cases!