Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Re: Soundtouch, iOS app issue

Do I have to hard reset the speaker and add it to the app again after that?

Highlighted

That would be a good option. Reset while the router is powered off, then when you power the router back on and it has connected, set the speaker up as a new device (taking into consideration the earlier information about ensuring the speaker and the smartphone is on the same network.) 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi!

It worked again after I unplugged the router dor 5 minutes, reset the speaker and then, add it to the app as a new device. If it's ok, I'll wait a couple of hours to check if this has solved the problem.

Thank you!

Highlighted

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, jossluna! 

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi!

I've changed the channel a bunch of times, it works instantly, and then after a while, the app can't find the speaker. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

I have the same problem!  Please help!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

I've only had temporary solutions to this issue, I hope we can get some definite answers. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Hi. 

I wanted to follow up and check if there are any updates. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @jossluna,

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear that the issues are still ongoing. As noted within other threads, networking troubleshooting can oftentimes be troublesome, if not sometimes impossible, to perform accurately via platforms like a community forum due to a large number of third-party variables like independent router hardware, software, and available settings. Wherever possible, we encourage you to reach out to support directly in your region for one-to-one wireless networking support. Click HERE, select your location, and use the "Contact us" feature at the bottom of the page. We'll always be happy to help wherever we can on the Bose Community, but our resources are limited to directly assisting. 

I can see that you've successfully accessed and updated your router's settings, which is great. We have some additional recommended settings for using SoundTouch speakers. See if you can apply these changes, and report back your outcome.

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption
  • WMM – Disable
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

I believe the problem has been solved!

I bought a new router, and now the app works flawlessly on a 5G band. 

Thank you so much for all your support. 

View solution in original post