djmigmix
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Soundtouch on open business open network

Long time user of Soundtouch speakers at home but feel that I need to expand to work as well. So with this being said, Is it possible to run a ST10 in my office at work (Currently work in a large hospital with an open wifi network)? I know that the app utilizes the network to find the speaker, is there any other way to program the speaker and then connect it to the open network in order to stream lets say, my XM radio station or my TunedIn stations that I have saved in the soundtouch app? Or am i stuck with bluetooth/apple connect streaming from my phone...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch on open business open network

Hello there @djmigmix ,and thank you for taking the time to reach out.

The SoundTouch 10 speaker can be used on an open network/guest network, but please note that this is therefore available to anyone who is on this network, who would be able to claim and use this speaker even while this is playing.

If you are using a password-locked network that is not available to all those in the hospital, then this would be ideal!

Please also note that if there are a lot of devices already on the network, this may affect speaker performance through Wi-Fi. Furthermore, If you were to use this I would ensure that the speaker and phone are connected to the same access point if possible!

This would be done by placing the speaker back in setup mode by holding "2" and "-Vol" at the same time for 5 seconds until the Wi-Fi LED returns to solid amber.

I hope this helps, and please return to me with any questions!

Liam W - Community Support